ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing to cup shocks?

Clio 182
You sure? The bolt sizing on the shocks where they attach to the hubs is different... 60mm for cup and around 55mm for normal??

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've got cup shocks on my non cup 172. I think the difference is with the FF 182??

Clio 182
Do I need anything else other than 60mm shocks and 60mm hubs?

Wishbones, track row etc don't matter do they? Although saying that I know the steering arms come in two different lengths...

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Are you talking about a 182 then?

The quick summary is all 172s are 54mm.

Non cup pack 182s are 54mm

Cup pack 182s and trophys are 60mm.

And I wouldn't go to the hassle of changing them for any reason, if you can tell which one you're driving on then your a better man than I.

Clio 182
I used to have a 182 with both cup packs, I now have a 182 with just the spoiler cup pack.

Tonight we changed the springs for some cooksports... when going over speed bumps it's a lot more bouncy compared to my old car!

So yes I can tell and tbh I hate it lol...

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That's the shocks, not the hubs!
Put fresh 54mm shocks on and it'll be fine.

Trust me on this one, I have a ph1 and cup packed 182 on the drive both running sportlines and standard shocks.

Clio 182
That's the shocks, not the hubs!
Put fresh 54mm shocks on and it'll be fine.

Trust me on this one, I have a ph1 and cup packed 182 on the drive both running sportlines and standard shocks.

My car only has 45000 miles on it the shocks can't be shagged already can they?

PH2 172
Are you talking about a 182 then?

The quick summary is all 172s are 54mm.

Non cup pack 182s are 54mm

Cup pack 182s and trophys are 60mm.

And I wouldn't go to the hassle of changing them for any reason, if you can tell which one you're driving on then your a better man than I.

Does this not apply to driveshafts?
I'm not sure but I gathered that the 172 and 172 cup was both 54mm therefore the same driveshafts?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm new to the French scene

PH2 172
Does this not apply to driveshafts?
I'm not sure but I gathered that the 172 and 172 cup was both 54mm therefore the same driveshafts?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm new to the French scene
PH2 172 has a RH 2 piece driveshaft with a support bearing,& 172 cup has a 1 piece shaft.
With the exception of the 182 cup,all pH1 & 2`s have the same hubs/knuckles,and the wishbones are interchangeable,though 182,182 cup & 172 have a revised caster angle.

PH2 172
Ye after I went cup subframe, wishbones and the roll centre kit I needed cup shafts in my ph1.

Without the roll centre kit I was fine one ph1 shafts

Please clarify,172 cup or 182 cup shafts.
I believe 182 cup RH shaft is 2 piece,@imprezaworks please confirm,so I suspect you mean 172 cup shafts?