ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing the rear discs

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
How hard is it, any things to look out for, and how much should it cost to get the bearings pressed into the disc's?

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
and also - do the front discs have bearing in or is this a separate part

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Only the rears carry the bearing. Its better to buy the disc's with the bearing already pressed in. You can get these from ktec, yozza etc etc.

Its not that difficult to do although if your a complete newbie to mechanics I would not bother. I would say you need to have a little mechanical experience and the right tools before you atempt it. To be fair you can't really go wrong.

Make sure you torque all the bolts up to the correct settings.

While you in there you may as well put some new pads on.

Parts you need:

Disc's with pressed bearing and retaining cir clip
New 30mm nylon locking bolt
Thread lock glue
New pads
Copper greese

Think thats it.

Clio Sport 182
i got disc's for 12.50 each bearings for 10.50 each rear pad's for 8.00 fit them at work in half hour,

remove rear pads from caliper push piston back remove rear caliper remove 30mm nut pull off disc, refit, add a bit of copper grease to pads and slider for pads, job done mate