ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing spark plugs

Evo 6, E92 320d
Burp you rascal. I think its just a case of pulling of the ht lead and then using a socket extention remove the plugs. If you do it 1 at a time so you don't mess up the firing oorder.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Can't be any harder than the 172, although my friends dad thought i had taken the cylinder head off when i was doing it lol.

Basically the same ..pull the hts out..1 at a time so you dont get them muddled..get the plug remover tool ( A1 moter store sell them for about £5) and remove and replace plug.
make sure you push the ht back on snug.

LY 182
tbh if you need a guide for doing it you shouldnt attempt it imo.
just look at the engine it becomes blatent.

what pinky has said is pretty much as much of a guide as you need

Evo 6, E92 320d
The lead on top of the spark plug itself, which connects to the coil pack it called the H T lead, there are 4, 1 for each plug.

Evo 6, E92 320d
mike20clio2001.gif

Evo 6, E92 320d
Recomended are champions but you'll be fine with either bosch or ngk, whichever you can get hold off.

Clio Extreme 1.2 16v 2003
there seems to be some kinda oil round were the ht leads pull out... on 2&3 is this bad...? 1&4 dont