ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing my engine

Bmw 330d m sport
hey i am looking to changing my engine from a 1.2 to a 1.6 just a question to you guys are the wiring looms the same ?????/ i have a mk2 phase 2 and the engine will be coming out of a mk2 phase 2.

Lionel Richie
you need everything out of the donor car, looms, ecu, uch, dash loom, keys, decoder ring etc etc - ie LOTS

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
everyone will say it so I'm getting in first!

Sell the car and buy a 1.6!

Bmw 330d m sport
so my wiring loom is not the same then?
i know u have to change the ecu and all that i was just asking to see if i could save some time and see if my wiring loom would be the same for a 1.6

Bmw 330d m sport
no i ent selling the car lol its done just over 6500 miles had it brought for me when i was 16 done alot to it now i just want a little power .

1.2 > 1.6 isn't worth it - the increase on insurance will probably be about the same as converting to a 2.0 engine, and it'll cost a similar amount to do the conversion too.

Bmw 330d m sport
im doing the coverting my self got all the gear i need and im looking at about 300 max for the bits i need

rps13
go for it mate good luck,

if your going to do it yourself i would probably make sure you know exactly what your doing

BMW M135i
Just to echo what you don't want to hear, its just not worth doing full stop. Effort/cost compared to the result just doesn't add up.