ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing iPhone 4S- 5S..

I am going to be upgrading my 4S in the next couple of days to a 5S and have a couple of questions.

1. This is a lame question I know but I have a few games on my phone and was wandering if in changing handsets that I would lose all progress when I upgrade? Or will all progress remain when I insert my sim card into the 5S?

2. When upgrading will all message transfer from my old to new phone?

3. Similar to the above- will all message convo's in WhatsApp also transfer?

Any help/ advice on how to keep my progress and messages if possible would be appreciated!

Thanks

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've not found a way to take game progress on to a new phone which is very frustrating, please let me know if you do find a way!

Basically everything is transferable is done iCloud. I don't think messages will transfer though... everything listed on iCloud as transferable is as follows

• Mail
  • Contacts
  • Calendars
  • Reminders
  • Safari
  • Notes
  • Passbook
  • Keychain
  • Photos
  • Documents & Data
  • Find My iPhone

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Plug phone into computer

Open iTunes

Right click phone in the left hand bar, click 'backup'

Plug in new phone, click 'restore from backup'

Hello carbon copy on new handset.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Whenever I've transferred to new phone everything's been exactly the same.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
My apps always get jogged around when I change but everything else is there.

Rob- thank you very much for that!! So really a complete carbon copy?

Thanks DrRollo for confirming!

Knuckles- do you know if RealRacing3 backs up to the cloud as well? I have 90 hours of playtime I dont want to loose!!

Without sounding patronising if you don't feel comfortable to do it by yourself, get the iPhone 5S and take that and the 4S down to your local apple store and they will be more than happy to help transfer all your stuff over via backups etc