ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing gearbox oil on 182

Clio 182
Hi

As the title suggests I am looking at changing my gearbox oil in my 182, does anyone know where the filling plug is located? also what is the correct amount of oil that is needed to fill it up, does the oil just flow out of the filler hole when it is at the correct level?

Thanks,

PH2 Flamer
Look down at the front of the gearbox. Your see a butterfly screw in the gearbox. That's where you fill it.

Gearbox takes 3.1 litres from dry. 3 will be enough. And like you say, will start coming out of the fill hole when it's full

Clio 182
Thanks for the info, so can you access the butterfly screw from looking down under the bonnet or will I need to take the under tray off and access it from underneath? Obviously I will need to take the undertray off to access the drain plug. Also what is the best oil that you would recommend?
Thanks,

Clio 197
You can access the butterfly from the engine bay for refilling. A length of pipe will help when refilling unless to have a long hosed funnel.

PH2 Flamer
Thanks for the info, so can you access the butterfly screw from looking down under the bonnet or will I need to take the under tray off and access it from underneath? Obviously I will need to take the undertray off to access the drain plug. Also what is the best oil that you would recommend?
Thanks,

I have castrol SMX-S in my box.

This!!!

I done mine with a f**king syringe, what a joke lol.

Lol, I did as well, 100ml one off eBay, took ages.

330i. E30 Touring.
You have a problem then. I put 3l in mine after I did my clutch and 3 got it overflowing.

Did you put the oil in through the top hole or the front?

This.

If you got 3.5l in, you're doing it wrong. Or the car's not level.