ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing gear fluid

you need the same socket that you use to change the engine oil, the drain plug is at the back of the gear box.... you then refill by taking off the plastic butterfly plug on the front of the gear box

when you take the plastic butterfly plug out, there's quite a big refill hole so i just used the bendy flexible spout from a funnel and filled it using that. you fill until the new fluid comes out the hole you're filling in to. it takes 3.1 litres from empty

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ dont you put new gearbox oil through the funnel in the top? then when you know its full oil starts dripping out through the hole in the front, so tap that back up and keep putting more in untill you see it wont take anymore,

^ dont you put new gearbox oil through the funnel in the top? then when you know its full oil starts dripping out through the hole in the front, so tap that back up and keep putting more in untill you see it wont take anymore,

that doesn't make sense :S

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
that doesn't make sense :S

Ill explain it better:eek:

Fill the box up through the top with the front butterfly plug out, then as soon oil comes out the front put the plug back in and keep filling the box up a tad bit more, it will take abit more than 3.1litres, well mine did took about 3.3-3.4litres,

^ lol, no the butterfly plug is the fill point and level measure. You fill it til it gets to the level of the plug and then stop. the one on top is a breather iirc.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ oh is it :S, someone told me the opposite as i never done it before, no frikin wonder it took long to get the fluid in then :eek: thats a lesson learnt