ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing fuel filter

Ph 1 172
so how do you go about changing the fuel filter on a phase 1 172? tried looking for a guide but couldn't find one cheers in advanced
dom

DTM

Clio 188 ph1 438's
been a while since I did mine, but its located at the fuel tank near the rear axle, there are two tabs / pipes, one either end, I think you can unclip them using a screw driver (you'll see when you get there) and simply remove each pipe and the filter, ensure you've something to catch any excess fuel from the pipes and filter, then fit the new filter in its place. Prime the system by turning the ignition on to standby (lights on dash but not starting car) and waiting a few seconds and then start the car, done.

Clio 197
From what I have read they are integrated into the tank and non serviceable however I have seen them for sale on eBay and ECP ????

DTM

Clio 188 ph1 438's
Once a blue moon or probably about 100k (at a guess), petrol is a relatively clean fuel. I only changed mine when having missfires to rule it out.

Ph 1 172
Once a blue moon or probably about 100k (at a guess), petrol is a relatively clean fuel. I only changed mine when having missfires to rule it out.

Exact reason I was about to do mine but I now know what caused my miss fire so no need to change it cheers for the advice thpugh