ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing from Xenons to Standard headlights

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Had a search but couldn't find anything about replacing xenon headlights with standard headlights. What is involved, and is there a guide on here?
Thanks!

Do you mean how to get the old ones off? Or simply what you need to do to make it possible? If so, nothing, they're a straight swap.

225 Cup & Williams
Why would you want to do that? You would need to swap the adjusters from the xenons to the halogens and vice versa.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
From memory when I did mine I just fired the old adjusters in the xenons and manually re-aligned as not to blind every poor driver on the road.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
I didn't know if the wiring was different ect. So its a simple case of bolt the standard headlights in, putting plug(s) in and taking it to a mot/garage to get aligned?

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Sweet thanks, i assume its a bumper off job to access the bolts? Also does anybody know the cheapest place to get new lights from (can't be bothered with second hand items!) Seem some on ebay for £60 for a pair, but they are not genuine renault. But they are from renparts, who i believe are well known? :)

www.renparts.co.uk
Think Iv just left you an answerphone message! Ready for next day delivery, give us a call on 01427 873808 to order
Kat

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Both mine are bust, and halogens are fine for what i want! Cheaper + lighter, win win.