ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing 182 rear shocks.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI
My car needs a new rear drivers side shock absorber as it is leaking. I have read the guide on here for changing them on a 172 and it seems to be quite a straightforward job. Can someone advise me if this guide is the same for the 182 as well - jack car up, remove two nuts, change over shocks?
I will be changing the pair of them as advised by Renault but I don't really want to pay their labour prices. Thanks in advance.

yeah mate dead easy,

Jack the car up then support the car on the box section at the back either with axel stands either side.

Then use the crappy Renault jack to support the entire swing arm when you take the shocks off - otherwise it will drop hard, the springs will pop out and just generally makes your life easier getting the new shocks back on.