ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed my shocks but...

RB 182
... somethings not right!!

Basically ever since hitting a high curb at some speed a while back my nsf wheel has been at an angle - id bent one of my KONI Adjustable front shocks

Finally got round to doing something about it, and after finding out one KONI was £130, I thought id try Renault - the newly opened Arnold Clark in Huddersfield. I gave him my reg and he came back with a price of £47.23 each, which i thought was cheap?! So the next day i went back with my chassis number written down, and again same price. I was like are you sure they're for a Sport? He said thats what it says on here, so i bought two

Ive fitted them this aft, and instantly i knew something wasn't right. It feels like ive a load of weight in the boot so the front wheels are hardly touching the ground?! The steerings really floaty and its all over the road when driving, every little tiny stone makes it shake out of your hand?! Im thinking they've supplied me with 1.2/1.4 etc shock absorbers?

The part number on my invoice is 82 00 104 116 - is this right?

If they have, im going to kick off because i made them double check even with my chassis!!!

Any help appreciated

Da

Less
PN is correct -

8200104116 Front shocks - Clio RS Ph.2 172
8200110005 Rear shocks - Clio RS Ph.2 172

Qashcow
do you still have koni adjustables on the rear or fitted standard too? have you had the tracking done as that will all be out, and a bent front wheel wouldnt just be a shock so have you replaced anything else? is the wheel bent etc also?

RB 182
do you still have koni adjustables on the rear or fitted standard too? have you had the tracking done as that will all be out, and a bent front wheel wouldnt just be a shock so have you replaced anything else? is the wheel bent etc also?

I've left the adjustables on the rear, but ive been informed this may be the problem? Regarding anything else being bent, there isn't im sure. The wheel was badly curbed but these have all been changed, and the hub etc is fine. Im thinking tracking maybe a factor but its driven c**k on before and after the bent shocker, then i fix it and its out?

Looks like im gonna be replacing the rear shocks to see if thats the problem, due to the different damping rates or something?

The wheel balance is perfect, new wheels were fitted last week

Da

Less
Sure the lower arm isn't bent? I mean if the strut was bent, then as it mounts to the hub, surely that would bend something which it attaches to - like the wishbone?

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Id be pretty sure this would be a tracking issue, £20 to have it re-done then if not some thing else is bent.

Like I said in my p.m the different shocks from front to back will be a factor due to the different damping rates. When I had the standard rears on and Konis on the front, it felt awful to drive. Fitted the rear Koni shocks, even though it improved things alot it still rode bumps in the road badly, like yours floaty and light steering.

Had mine tracked today and the car is 100% better as my tracking was miles out, so I'd definitely get the tracking looked at if I was you.