ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed me dog's bone!

Megane Trophy, Golf
As above, and what a difference its made! Car feels so much tighter and smoother gear change.... Anyone else noticed a big difference? ;)

Megane Trophy, Golf
Got it supplied and fitted for £45 notes! Its quite easy to fit though. I think the cup one is different to the normal 172 one! Not 100% sure so dont quote me on that LOL.

thats great news, someone told me its about 100 - 200, lucky its cheap and my friend works for reno ^^ ty

Yeah my mates a mechanic so got him to fit it for a tenner! I still cant believe how much difference a bone makes lol! Feels like a new car, and the gear change feels so much sweeter and solid!

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Did you just refit a standard one or have you fitted the uprated one which ktec do?

makes what harsh - ive got a k-tec one and its great - far better than standard - changed mine when the car was only about 6 months old and was well worth it.

Leon Cupra 300
think i mite invest in one of these for when it gets serviced.. buyin 4 new turinis too.. new lease of life!!!

BMW M135i
makes what harsh - ive got a k-tec one and its great - far better than standard - changed mine when the car was only about 6 months old and was well worth it.

Ditto, i've powerflex bushed mine and its waaaay better than standard. The box is much nicer to use, just a bit of increased vibration here and there.

Megane Trophy, Golf

Ditto, i've powerflex bushed mine and its waaaay better than standard. The box is much nicer to use, just a bit of increased vibration here and there.

your comparing it to a 1.6 mounting! the cup setup is a lot stiffer as standard. uprated bushes might make a bit of difference on a ff 172 as the setup is different to the cup but i dont want it any harsher, roads are crap round here! so staying with oem mounts!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Ye.. was gonna say, what made you think the cup ones was differnt lol ? same engine, same mounts etc.

Also fitted the powerflex bush and it was well worth it totally changed the car for the better.

Impreza STI v5
Changed mine last week got poly bushes in it now and what a diffrance love it a bit rought on idle but so what gear stick not all over the place and no more knocking so good infact i am away to replace all bushes on the front ie wishbone and anti roll bushes with polys ones :D

BMW M135i

your comparing it to a 1.6 mounting! the cup setup is a lot stiffer as standard. uprated bushes might make a bit of difference on a ff 172 as the setup is different to the cup but i dont want it any harsher, roads are crap round here! so staying with oem mounts!

Well it has a 172 dogbone mount from the factory so i'd imagine the results would be very similar. Whether the front gearbox mount on the RS would make a difference I don't know, but it can't make that much of one as people complain about it.

Civic Type-R
I had mine replaced about 3 weeks ago. Deffo feels much better, better gear change. Cost me £60 altogether with fitting.