ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ceramic coating 182 manifolds???

193 mk2
is it worth it & were can you get it done & how much does it cost???
any help appreciated. matt

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
heat wrap is crap it burns off if your gonna do anything have it coated but its a lot of money for what it is

Lionel Richie
nothing wrong with heat wrap, just takes forever and has to be done properly

its alot of effort for questionable gains, we did it just to keep engine bay temps down

Ph1
heat wrap is crap it burns off if your gonna do anything have it coated but its a lot of money for what it is

Thats rubbish m8

Had mine on well over a year and its in the same position as the day i fitted it.

80 notes from Motorsport world plus fitting straps

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
You bought it then Matt?

I looked into this recently and came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the effort. At best, I will spray it with high temperature paint.

Ceramic coating is around £180 for the 182.

Wrapping can vary in cost but I have heard horror stories of the wrap holding water when the car is not in use and corroded welds. Others have mentioned manifolds cracking due to the build up of heat being too great. Costs also vary dramatically.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i did it on my 106

can definately tell its reduced engine temps, also looked into coating but camcoat cant gaurantee the paint will stick if the manifold isnt brand new or something like that

mine has held up really well. must have had it on for about a year, sprayed it with high temp sealant aswell to stop water getting in etc.

only thing is that i have caught the manifold a couple of times on various objects, and it has frayed a bit. not that fussed though.

80MPG BEEZA
i had mine done at camcoat internal and external their best coating they did, and it has most certainly dropped the engine bay temps mine sits a whole mark below half and never goes over and it used to sit at the half way mark

Ph1
i had mine done at camcoat internal and external their best coating they did, and it has most certainly dropped the engine bay temps mine sits a whole mark below half and never goes over and it used to sit at the half way mark

I posted a thread up about my temp gauge reading lower a while back and wondered if it could be something to do with my giant CAF or the heat wrapping on the mani.

Cant see how a few degree's drop in cold air entering the engine could make the whole engine run at a lower tempreture? :S

Anyone ?

Clio 172 mk2
You bought it then Matt?

I looked into this recently and came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the effort. At best, I will spray it with high temperature paint.

Ceramic coating is around £180 for the 182.

Wrapping can vary in cost but I have heard horror stories of the wrap holding water when the car is not in use and corroded welds. Others have mentioned manifolds cracking due to the build up of heat being too great. Costs also vary dramatically.

I've also heard of silimar problems

Don't really see the point in doing it though..miles away from the intake and won't really make anything cooler with the car rolling.

Megane Trophy
Camcoat are very good.

If you coat them internally and externally then you will see performance gains.

I have coated a caterham system, mondeo BTCC car and a marcos lm600. Not only did this reduce the engine bay temperatures it actually saw an increase in power.

The heat wrap is a waste of time and often looks very messy after a few months of driving.

Megane Trophy
Im sure that its Zircotec who supply coatings to most F1 teams and GT teams now.

It wont directly reduce the temperature of the coolant though :rasp: