ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Centre Exhaust mount...........anyone had this before?

RenaultSport 172
Had an MOT fail yesterday as the centre exhaust mount is not connected to the exhaust. It didn't fail on this last year so either they didn't spot it or its fell off somehow.
I am very confused as the exhaust looks like its perfect at the back and doesn't look like it would ever fit on this mount as its too low.
I haven't had a chance to get under the car properly yet to see if the exhaust will push upwards but the MOT guy seemed to think it would not.

So if I take the mount off then it will pass the MOT.......but it just seems very odd to me. How can the exhaust be so far away from the mount?

YMhHpZ.jpg

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
my megane failed on this once,

not for not being attached, but because neither the body, or exhaust has a centre mount!

don't know how it can fail for something renault never installed at the factory!

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Mine is the same on my 182, never had any MOT issues though. I'm playing about with making my own centre mount as the renault ones leave a lot to be desired

Clio 197
Has the mount broke or the exhaust just slipped out of it ? A new mount from Renault (red one) is only cheap

RenaultSport 172
I've just had another look under there. The mount is not broken. How the exhaust ever fell out of it I don't know but i can't push it back up. There's no way it will fit back up there so ill have to just take the mount off to pass the mot and make up a bodge fix to give the exhaust a bit more support.
No wonder my exhaust hits the floor on slopes and speed bumps all the time, it should be about 3" higher up!