ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Centre bore wrong?

Nissan 370Z
Been told the centre bore is completely wrong, too small for my Superleggeras to fit on.

Can you get conversion kits?

Nissan 370Z
I thought the bore was right, offset, pct etc was all right...but didnt realise the offset was wrong.
Can you buy conversion kits?

Nissan 370Z
no, the offset is right etc.
IF i take the spigot ring of then it goes on but moves a bit. So maybe a can mill the spigot ring?
Or shall i just get a conversion kit from oz?
Anyone know the correct bore?

Nissan 370Z
Just found out they came off a 2001 1.4 Seat Ibiza which are 57.1 i believe, so i just need to bore them out 3mm?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
A select few of you are ruining peoples threads lately. If I spot this again you're getting a week off.

Josh, do you want to just note down for us what's wrong in a methodical post??

Like so;

Offset: right/wrong
Bore; right/wrong
PCD; right/wrong

Nissan 370Z
Offet = 37 so ok.
Bore = 57.1 apparently as they came off a 2001 Seat ibiza 1.4
PCT is 4x100.

A cnc machining company want £80 to do 4 alloy wheels...sound right?

lift number 1 @ btm
you can't machine the rings. You'll need to get the correct ones.
You can either get them from oz or ebay. I'd avoid the plastic ones though.

Right, so the bore is wrong.

Take it to a shop and get them machined, or sell them and buy the correct size. I'm tempted to ask why you bought them if they're wrong, but I will resist.

Buy some new rings.

I imagine the 57.1 is on the ring, therefore with the ring removed you have a much larger hole. A larger hole that can be shrunk down to the correct bore by using spigot rings.

My wheels are from a Polo but just bought the correct spigot rings to fit the hole to bring it down to the clio hub size.

Nissan 370Z
Ah ok...any idea on where id go about getting the correct rings?
The garage said without the spigot ring there too big, can you not bore the spigot ring out?

The garage said without the spigot ring there too big, can you not bore the spigot ring out?

If you mean that without the spigot the hole in the wheel is still too small to get over the hub, then you have no choice but to get them machined.

But, that would be very rare as its usually just manufacturer specific wheels like Renault Turini's etc that have holes made in the specific size for the vehicle.

To buy Spigots, anywhere. Ebay, any wheel supplier. I think you can even buy them seperately in halfrauds as a fitting kit.

Nissan 370Z
If the spigot gets taken OFF the wheel they fit on but move, if the spigot ring is on there too small...so is it just new spigot rings i need?

If the spigot gets taken OFF the wheel they fit on but move, if the spigot ring is on there too small...so is it just new spigot rings i need?

Yes.

I am going to explain it in simple terms to get it through.

Don't think I am being nasty, but we will be here all night if you don't get the basics of it.

Imagine all aftermarket alloy wheels come with a hole the size of a roll of cellotape.

This large hole ensures that all car hub sizes can be catered for. But in order for them to fit different cars a ring needs to be used to bring the hole down to the right size.

Different manufacturers have different initial sizes of cellotape roll.

So you may need one with an OD (Outer Diameter) of 10 inches, and an ID (internal) of 60.1 for the clio.

So you need to measure the hole in the centre of the wheel, without the spigot ring, and then buy one that goes down to 60.1 for the clio.

Ger'it?

Nissan 370Z
So if i ring up a company who sell alloy wheels they should be able to provide me with the correct ones?
There for OZ superleggeras.

but how come then..the bore of a Seat Ibiza is 57.1mm..which is what they came off..then that suggests i need a larger bore which is why it confuses me.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I would imagine its because the bore is to big for the polo as well, hence the spigot ring you got with them that then bring it down to the correct size for the Polo. This doesn't fit the Clio with these rings cos the whole is now too small.
You need to buy the correct rings that bring down the diameter of the original wheels to the correct size for the Clio.

Re read my long post until it sinks in.

Wheel manufacturers make the metal hole large. That way they can make reducing rings to fit all cars.

The Ibiza has a small hole, the clio has larger. Hence why it won't fit.

I bougt Polo rings with say for arguments sake 59.3 rings (i dont know exactly without looking) so they wouldn't fit and I needed to buy 60.1 rings for the clio

Measure the metal hole, and then ask for a ring of 60.1 internal and *measured* OD.

Do you have the wheel with you to measure it?

You can just use a tape measure rather than worrying about using a vernier.

lift number 1 @ btm

So if i ring up a company who sell alloy wheels they should be able to provide me with the correct ones?
There for OZ superleggeras.

but how come then..the bore of a Seat Ibiza is 57.1mm..which is what they came off..then that suggests i need a larger bore which is why it confuses me.

you can't machine the rings. You'll need to get the correct ones.
You can either get them from oz or ebay. I'd avoid the plastic ones though.

Halfords sell oz wheels, but any wheel supplier should be able to get you the kit you need.

Be aware that the oz kit will come with bolts too, so will be more expensive.

The 57.3mm bit is the Seat hub size.

For an Ibiza, say 76mm down to 57.3mm internal ring size

You, 76mm down to 60.1mm internal ring size.

Nissan 370Z
Well the 72mm are to big. The rings on the wheel say oz pat pend 5706 if that makes sense?
On the inside of my alloy it says 6050 then 01606250
Can anyone,help?

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
FFS.
1) Take out old spigot rings, throw in bin.
2) Measure the hole in the wheel.
3) Order spigot rings with an outside diameter same as the hole, and an internal diameter of 60.1
4) Don't ask any more questions.

FFS.
1) Terk oot old spig'ut rings, throow in't bin.
2) Measure'rt hole in't wheel.
3) Order spig'ut rings witht outside da-meter same t'as thut 'ole, and an internal d-ameter ut 60.1 mullermeter
4) Don't ask any more questions.

Edited for accuracy.

Seriously it's that easy.