ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

central locking help!

Clio 1.9 DTi Si
took my 2000 clio si dti 5dr for bonnet check, and they did a free safety check, they highlighted that the remote locking doesnt work.
when you open the car from locked, you turn the key in either front door, and it unlocks THAT door, and then when that door is opened, the other doors unlock
to lock the car, you have to press the button on the console by the gearlever, any help would be welcomed!!!!!!!!!!

your key probably isn't paired with your central locking?

1. Turn Ignition OFF.

2. Press the central door locking button on the dash for more than 5 seconds. Note: the door should lock then unlock.

3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.

4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.

5. Repeat for second remote if required.

6. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

Clio Cup 172, 2002
Hiya!

I have only discovered this forum & site today & already have found some of the posts, very helpful.

I have this exact same problem with my 172 cup. Although I love my car, I dont really have much knowledge on how to fix problems, so tend to rely on what a Garage tells me, which can be very costly.

After taking my car to have the 'free safety & tyre check' I was told by 'Holden Renault' that I would have to have a diagnostic check, if I wanted to find out what the problem was. However, as the highlighted work was estimated to be £2,197!!! I can't wait to have a play & see if its a pairing issue & something which I can def try myself. I will let you know how I get on, thanks everso much!

Gem

£2197?! you could buy another 182 for the money!!!

I don't have much experience either but hang around here long enough an you can find an answer to nearly any problem! It's very very worth paying £10 to become a full member.