ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central locking gone mad?!

2003 Clio dci 80
Hiya, first post, so please be nice ;)

I went to remote unlock my car this morning, and nothing happened. I could see the light illuminating on the key when I pressed the button, but the car didn't unlock. This left me a bit unamused as my passenger lock had kindly been rearranged previously by some scrote and no longer works, so I was stuck in Tesco carpark looking a right muppet.

Eventually it decided to unlock, but driving home, the central locking relay would every now and again go crazy with rapid clicking. I assume it was the central locking relay anyway as the lock light on the centre console was flashiing at the same time, and the clicking was coming from the glovebox area. Whilst this was happening, the indicators wouldn't work.

Anyone had this before and know how to fix it? Is it a case of swapping out the relay? I'm scared to lock it now! Guess I'd better get a spare doorlock off ebay whilst I'm at it!

Cheers :)