ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD stuck in standard CD payer

Clio 172 Cup
Arrgghh! Driving me nuts!

Any help/tips appreciated...

CD wont eject. I get a beep and the unit then changes source to radio. Been like this for a few days now.

I've tried getting tweezers in but no luck...

Cheers
Mike

PH1 iceburg
Is there not a reset button at the rear. If not try disconnecting battery and starting it again it might spit it out

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
There isnt one. But there should be a little hole or button you can push in next to where cd's go in to eject the media?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I just keep switching between CD and Radio and keep pressing.... maybe turn the Car on and Off once or Twice and eventually it comes out for me :)

Clio 172 Cup
So i'm guessing this is a fairly common occurence?! My car has been turned off quite a few times over the past 4 days!

Cheers

Mk2 Ph1 Grande 1.2
miked... if u get another cd and put it the cd player but keep hold tightly, push it in half way or so then press eject and then pull the cd ur holding out, hopefully this should get ur other1 out.. worked for me without any damage and its simple :D hope it helps.. let us no how ya got on

Clio 172 Cup
What CD is it?

Home copied MP3 - Stanton Warriors Fabric Live 2 if you're interested! Its a bit of a classic so i'm not surprised the player wants to hold on to it...

Thanks for the help guys, i'll try putting another one in and then ejecting.

If I need to take the player out do I need the special 'pullers'?

Cheers

Megane 1.6 Dynamique
This has happened to me, I just took the whole thing out, shook it around abit put it back in and it ejected fine.. lol

Golf GTD Mk7
had it done it since though? You can get the radio removal tools from halfords i think, but like said, use small screwdriver or similar, push in as far at it goes (2 on each side) then pull out. If you only have 2 then do one side first, pull out slightly then do the other.

Mk2 Ph1 Grande 1.2
if the screwdriver method dont work, try using a 2 peices of solder and then creatin the shape of the tool from halfords, that worked for me, or a metal coat hanger that works aswell. saves buyin the tool really

Clio 172 Cup
Result!

Used the butchered coat hanger method to pull the unit out (perfect tool). Looked to unclip the front face but seeing as it was dark outside I thought i'd give it a 'technical bash'. Low and behold the CD then ejected. Nice.

The coat hanger tools are staying in the glove box as i'm sure it will happen again. Gotta love French electronics.

Cheers for the advice

Mike

Thread resurrection!
Is this a common fault? Mine was refusing to spit the CD out earlier. Not sure whether it's a one off or whether it will keep doing it?