ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD player beeping and turning itself off

Clio 182
I was driving back from work the other with the CD player when it started beeping (think it was three times) and then it turned itself off. I turned it back on and it seemed fine, but when I got home and switched the engine off, the CD player stayed on, which it doesn't normally do. It's done this a few times now.

Any ideas what's causing this and how to fix it?

I also have another problem where it occasionally decides it doesn't want to give me the CD back for a couple of days. Maybe just time for a new CD player...

Dodgy one
The beeping is the the fuse has gone :)

Mine did it when i first got it and couldnt figure it out also the 12v socket wont work have you overloaded it?

Clio 182
B*gger. I was using an electric tyre pump the other day which suddenly stopped working, thought it was the pump itself but it was obviously the socket.

How do I fix this, and is it cheap?

Dodgy one
Fusebox on the passenger side of the car, I think its a 5A one you need, Paying for fuses pah, It wont take 30secs to replace and you should have spares in the box too

Fusebox on the passenger side of the car, I think its a 5A one you need, Paying for fuses pah, It wont take 30secs to replace and you should have spares in the box too

This was when my wipers didnt work, same thing, my mate works at the garage.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Going by your other threads I would still say the battery being on it's way out is a likely cause. Have you looked at it yet or tried another?
Surly if it was just the fuse going then it wouldn't work at all until that fuse was replaced??

Clio 182
Going by your other threads I would still say the battery being on it's way out is a likely cause. Have you looked at it yet or tried another?
Surly if it was just the fuse going then it wouldn't work at all until that fuse was replaced??

Got a new battery yesterday; it fixed the cold temperature self-zeroing trip computer problem I think (if it was chilly enough over night), but the CD player's still switching itself off.

Clio 182

I'll try this myself then. I'm a complete novice at these things so I'm hoping I won't end up in a much worse situation after a cocking it up!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Got a new battery yesterday; it fixed the cold temperature self-zeroing trip computer problem I think (if it was chilly enough over night), but the CD player's still switching itself off.

So has it also fixed your CC fan? If the fuse went for the CD player it would not turn back on. It can't be that.

Dodgy one
So has it also fixed your CC fan? If the fuse went for the CD player it would not turn back on. It can't be that.

It does :eek: but turns back off after 10mins or so, Somewhere it picks up a supply which allows it to get enough power to run for a while,

It does the same as what happens when you turn it on after the keys are out

Clio 182

Right, just had a look and realised I didn't know what I was doing. I was looking in the passenger footwell, is that where the fuse box is? How do I know which one needs changing? I saw a lot of wiring that I didn't want to mess with.

There's a garage I know quite well down the road, might take it there and see if they'll give me a freebie.

Clio 182
Right, I'm taking it to the garage tomorrow. Can anyone tell me exactly where/which one the fuse is so I can point him in the right direction? I don't know how familiar he is with Clios.

Cheers