ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD playback distrotion

Stealth Bomber R26

As I am waiting for my 172 to arrive my local reno dealer has lent me a 172 they have just traded in.

tried a cdr disk in the renault head unit yesterday and it sounded very fuzzy on the base notes. strangely enough the radio sounds ok but bass is lacking even checked out the expert mode and all seems set ok.

Can anyone tell me who makes the head unit, what are good replacements and also what speakers i can fit as direct replacements

E36 323i coupe

I think the head unit is Clarion... at least, it always used to be. Good replacements come in many forms... the choice is yours. As for not losing the satellite remote, then you can have an adaptor fitted for around £30 from RAM Mobile Electronics (Hull, Wakefield, and Leeds)

Stealth Bomber R26

Thanx Jon tried another cd yesterday and bass sounded really flat.

Dont know if its the head unit or the speakers. Think Ill wait until my car turns up next week and then start looking at changing the speakers out

E36 323i coupe

Depends what you are used to. I think the quality of the sound in my car is quite good... even since I had the sub and amp removed to be recreated into a light-weight boot build for my new Cup.

In fact on removal of the sub, I was quite surprised by this quality of sound.

Then again, maybe they have changed the system since 51 plate. Was in a mates 172 the other day, and his stereo sounded naff... mind you was listening more to the Janspeed exhaust!

Stealth Bomber R26

I was running a pioneer head unit hooked up to alpine 6x9s in a custom built shelf in my old mk1 RT which gave a good sound. I will just have to wait and see what the sound is like in my new 172 when i pick it up next week. Could just be that some-one has stuffed the speakers in the loan 172 I have at the moment