ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CCTV setup advice

E39 530i
Hi guys needs some help. Trying to setup a CCTV system which consist of 2 cameras with recording and I want to access it via the Internetz what's the system out there.

Cheers guys.

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
ip cameras are deffently the answer, they connect to your router, and broadcast online, you can also record everything onto computer.

Bear in mind you'll need something for the ip cameras to record to! Depending what it is you're after quality wise etc. If you wanted a really good setup then Geovision is very highly regarded but that requires a pc switched on 24/7 altho so will most recording setups.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i would recommend one of those cheap (£10) CCTV cards off ebay. can record up to 4 cameras and can all be accessed over the net.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
KDF, have you had Zoneminder working in a VM?

Nope, runs at home it runs on a server in my loft which also acts as a raid 5 fileserver. At work it runs on a dedicated system but to be honest system load is very low.

As long as you can get the capture cards working through the VM I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.