ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caught Speeding

Right i know it was stupid doin 75mph in a 30, but i just wanted to know if there was anything i could do to appeal as there is no date on the ticket i was given! It is not an on the spot ticket because of the sheer stupidity of the offence! It happened last monday, so last nite i went to see the filth to hand in my documents for my 7 day wonder and the lady asked when did this happen to make sure i wasnt past the 7 days! Well thats just the thing i said, there is no date!

The law states that you have to be prosecuted within 6 months of a traffic offence...6 months from when???

The lady said (after i asked her if it would be recorded anywhere else), well the officer may have written it down in her pad to which i replied her pad is hers and it not official paperwork

After she had checked all my documentation she tried to take the ticket away, i asked her for a copy and she told me there was no need, i said there is need so can i have a photocopy! So i now have a copy but what is to stop them altering the real thing and sayin that i have altered the photocopy??

don't

hmmm strange, why would they take it off u, its urs

ask on pepipoo.com mate, could be able 2 blag ur way out, see what they say over there to get better advice, 75 in a 30, nevermind, aslong as it wasnt near a school or anything, i know some 30s are safe and stupid 30s

i was lucky to get away with more than that but it was a 40 dual carriageway, + pigs were hiding anyway and i was going 2 fast 2 stop, oops, my private road with my made up speeds limits before any1 moans

75 in a 30 zone you just as well stick a big flashing arrow on top of your car saying im speeding please give me a ticket.

Isnt it an instant ban for that kind of speed in a 30 zone?

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 13 December 2004

i was lucky to get away with more than that but it was a 40 dual carriageway, + pigs were hiding anyway and i was going 2 fast 2 stop, oops, my private road with my made up speeds limits before any1 moans
You should get a fence to keep the pigs off the road

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I admit to speeding, I admit I have 6 points from speeding... but 75 in a 30. Remind me not to walk home from the pub near your house... jeesus f**king wept.

Its 30 for a reason....

How fast does 75 MPH feel when a car passes you when you are by the road? f**king bloody quick, if you hit a pedestrian at that speed, theres no coming back man.

Whilst I in no way condone your speeding, quite the opposite, I would be very surprised if a sharp lawyer couldnt get it thrown out on a technicality, I doubt there are any sharp lawyers on here so get your corn out and treat your sen!

sorry, but speeding in a 30 zone is stupid and you deserve the consiquences - if you had killed someone youd be looking at a stretch inside for that, but as it goes itll be either high points and a hefty fine or a 56day+ ban.....

live and learn... 30 zones are there for a reason, next time you could have someones blood on your hands.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Grow up you fu**ing pr**k and cop the charge.

75 in a 30 is absolutely absurd. Dont give me any of this safe to speed in this particular 30 bull. 30 generally means pedestrians are about.

Its pr**ks like you we see on the news who only get 1 year in the slammer for killing someone.

I HOPE THEY SCREW THE F**K OUTTA YOU!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

HO HO HO!!!

(Incidentally, yes I sometimes speed but never in a 30. Plus, Id cop the charge.)

Willy2

you can get off the ticket, have you surrendered your driving licence? was this a fixed penalty notice or just the regular producer(hort1) with no date? if it is a fixed penalty notice you can get awat with it, but if it is a producer your fecked!

Quote: Originally posted by MikeC on 13 December 2004

i cant say nothing, i did 101 on an empty motorway!

Yeah but thats no where near as bad as 75mph in 30mph zone.

75mph in a 30mph zone is 2.5 times the speed limit, for you to do that MikeC youd have to be doing 175mph on a Motorway....:eek:

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 13 December 2004

75 in a 30 is absolutely absurd. Dont give me any of this safe to speed in this particular 30 bull. 30 generally means pedestrians are about.

Its pr**ks like you we see on the news who only get 1 year in the slammer for killing someone.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

HO HO HO!!!

(Incidentally, yes I sometimes speed but never in a 30. Plus, Id cop the charge.)

Well said, I totally agree with you....:D

Simon.

Volvo S60 T5

Think you should change your forum name from Essex Boy to I deserve a BAN Boy

tw*t, save it for the track FFS a few MPH over the limit aint to bad and thats what I expected to read on this post but 45mph:eek:

[Edited by Mike172sport on 12/13/2004 6:23:40 PM]

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 13 December 2004

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

HO HO HO!!!

Harsh.... but fair!

75?

Pedestrian - Theyre DEAD and in several pieces + plus youll crash and be DEAD.

Parked CAR - Youre DEAD.

Oncoming car doing 30 - 105mph closing speed - everyone DEAD.

Carnage...Im lost for words that someone would openly post about this and entertain the idea of getting off. You sir, need banning for LIFE. You are a danger behind the wheel of a car and always will be be. A slight clip or mistake at those speeds in a residential area would have sent your 1ton+ weapon tumbling down the street like a bouncing bomb.

Fcuking idiot. :sick:

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 13 December 2004
sorry, but speeding in a 30 zone is stupid and you deserve the consiquences - if you had killed someone youd be looking at a stretch inside for that, but as it goes itll be either high points and a hefty fine or a 56day+ ban.....live and learn... 30 zones are there for a reason, next time you could have someones blood on your hands.

seconded

Punto/Clio GTT

doh! hope it gets thrown out mate, weve all done silly things, just your turn to get caught i guess. Will teach you in future :)

FM

Id be interested to know what the highest speed some of you lot have done in a 30. Remember there are 30 roads and "30" roads. For example there is a stretch of dual carridgeway in my town that was for ages a 70 and is now down to a 40, its not in a residential area, its has no paths either side, there is a central armco between each carridgeway and there is no way it should be a 40 but it is. Yes 75 in a 30 is excessive but this could have been 3am totally deserted stretch of road in a non residential area and im sure plenty of those of you getting on your soapbox have done similar or at least broken the limit by a fair amount on a familiar stretch of road. If hes done it outside a school at 330pm then he deserves his balls cutting off but i think it needs to be taken in context before making too many judgements. Not big not clever and will probably land the boy in the sh*t, but all of us here have broken the speed limit on a regular basis so i dont feel we are in much of a position to judge.

Punto/Clio GTT

i dont endorse speeding, i hit 85 ina 30 in my xr2i.

nothin to be proud of, ide just bought it n seein what it was like.

i agree theres a time and place to do these speeds and 30 zones aint it.

but i also aint gonna sit here and critisize this bloke when all of the people on this site break the speed limit everyday

FM

A policemans pocket note book as someone mentioned earlier, is admissable in court. It is good practice to write in your pocket note book, registrations and details of offences..however it will probably be the case that this officer may have not. Another thing is sometimes the carbon copy does not come thorugh, so it may be still on the officers original.

yes you have 6 months as an officer to complete your Road traffic file.

if the officer ammended the ticket he would risk a hell of a lot...

what were you clocked doing 75 on?? his visual on speedo? or on board cameras? if it is the latter then you dont really have much chance, because the tape will have been exhibited as evidence.

going at that speed in a 30 may impose a short jail sentance..

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Yeah Loony, but doing 75 in a 30 even at night, when theres no one around will cause some serious damage should you have to swerve for anything. Youll end up rolling the car into someones house. Even if you kill only yourself, theres the hassle of scooping up all your bits.

I got caught doing 42 in a 30 back in 1998. 3 points £40 (at the time). I rarely go above 35 now in a 30, which granted still isnt right. 75 mph is lunacy.

Yeah Ive done 100+ on the motorway (rare). Everyones going the same direction, no pedestrians, crossings, lights, junctions etc.

Its my bet that this guy has done that sort of speed many times before as I doubt it was the first time he did it that he got caught.

Btw I see the http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=13&TopicID=123601registration on your car...

I bet thats what Bubba will say as he bends you over in the nick...

(I am a p*** taking b****rd!!)

im not condoning it im just saying everyone is slating the poor sod when they have probaby done similar. Ive been to a few cliosport related events and people have driven like complete c*nts. I prefer to save fast driving for a country road late at night on my own not in the daytime somewhere where there is traffic a convoy of other similar cars and too much testosterone and bravado present. I think the context needs to be known before people jump down his throat. Not a good thing to do but people make mistakes the main thing is no-one was hurt and hopefully he will learn from it.

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 13 December 2004Id be interested to know what the highest speed some of you lot have done in a 30. Remember there are 30 roads and "30" roads. For example there is a stretch of dual carridgeway in my town that was for ages a 70 and is now down to a 40, its not in a residential area, its has no paths either side, there is a central armco between each carridgeway and there is no way it should be a 40 but it is. Yes 75 in a 30 is excessive but this could have been 3am totally deserted stretch of road in a non residential area and im sure plenty of those of you getting on your soapbox have done similar or at least broken the limit by a fair amount on a familiar stretch of road. If hes done it outside a school at 330pm then he deserves his balls cutting off but i think it needs to be taken in context before making too many judgements. Not big not clever and will probably land the boy in the sh*t, but all of us here have broken the speed limit on a regular basis so i dont feel we are in much of a position to judge.

One word - Bullsh*t.

There are plenty of roads where the 30 limit seems a bit harsh but we all show some degree of sense. Sometimes it can be a struggle to stick to the limit in these zones and its easy to stray to 35 or maybe even 40 at a push. However, its not really that hard to show some restraint, and frankly, doing 75mph in a 30mph zone makes you a total ***t, period. Its not even open to debate.

This is a discussion forum so it is. Fact of the matter is 5/10mph shouldnt be seen as any more acceptible than 40mph over the limit, weve all seen the advert where the car doing 35 in a 30 hits the kid where it would have stopped in time if it was doing 30, everyone is as guilty as the next for speeding.

LOL ok. A driver that normally tries to stay safe, strays over the limit slightly - versus one that thinks hes a genius and can drive at above the national speed limit in a 30 zone...this is the same thing? Hahahaa!

If this was a discussion about being caught over the limit for booze no-body would be arguing that "well i only drink twice the legal limit and you got caught 4 times over so you are a c*nt" there shouldnt be any difference between 5 or 40mph its still illegal and its more dangerous than travelling at the limit. Smaller breaches of the limit shouldnt be rationalised away because its still illegal. If none of us have ever gone over the speed limit then we are in the position to pass judgement, but weve all broken the limit to one extent or another so we arent IMO.

The difference between 30-35 is likely to be a lot more injuries, and a higher chance of death to those involved. At 75mph everyone will DIE...DEAD...get it? EVERYONE involved will die.