ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cats2u cat for 172?

monaco 172
My cat is rattling like a good en so think it will need replacing.

I would prefer to decat it but I don't have a friendly mot guy at the moment so a cat is my only option.

I've seen a company called cats2u do one for the 172 and it's only 119.99.

Will it be absolute garbage and unlikely to pass an emissions test anyway?

My old 182 had some random brand cat on it and failed each year so I just decat it and had a word with the tester.

I have one from them for the 182 and theres no mot problem. Although Id use new oem fitting kits with it as the ones on there are already buggered and its basically open header and sounds crap

Has worked fine for me so far though. I plan on getting a decat anyway as they are cheap

monaco 172
I have one from them for the 182 and theres no mot problem. Although Id use new oem fitting kits with it as the ones on there are already buggered and its basically open header and sounds crap

Has worked fine for me so far though. I plan on getting a decat anyway as they are cheap
Thanks mate.

Yeh a decat would be my preferred option but it's a pain swapping it out on the 172 anyway so I'd rather a fit and forget solution.

Yeh I've just replaced the fitting kit with a genuine Renault one as there was no tension in the springs but found the cat was buggered while I was in there!