ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat Manifold Joint still blowing. Thoughts?

Clio 182
Grrr... I mean Good Morning.

I fitted some new engine mounts and a new cat/manifold gasket yesterday hoping to fix my blow cat/manifold joint.

It's still blowing as before, I was thinking of rehanging the whole exhaust when I can get it on a ramp on thursday to try and fix it.

Do you think the cat's mating surface it knackered? Maybe worn out of shape or something?

Any other thoughts or recommendations?

The engine no longer moves like it did before which is a bonus and the gearchange is much sweeter. I replaced the engine mounts with standard ones and then changed the dogleg's larger bush for a powerflex one. Really has made a difference to the drive.

Anyhow, Laters,

Donut.

RB 182 cup
are you sure its blowing as i thought mine was but its just a crappy noise my cat makes if u get what i mean

Golf GTD Mk7
mine does the same, but its made worse as the cat flange on mine is slightly bent. Get a decat and see if that stops the hissing

as the guys above. it's the main reason i tried a decat - to see if it would stop the flatulence - which it did (although the decat made so much noise with the system i've got, i decided to go back to using the cat).

don't know if you noticed when you took your cat off, but there was quite a bit of corrosion pitting to the bell mouth of mine and i did wonder if that might be affecting things. i did look into repairing it but it would have been a hassle (either involving brazing and refinishing, or cutting the bell mouth off and welding a new one on).

if it's not that, it'll just be the cat. personally, decided to live with it.

Recaro'd 182
mine does this. it is not blowing at all. I think its the cat internals but thats mega money to fix so i live with it.

Trophy #473
Mine started doing this, turned out to be a worn fire ring so I had it replaced... but a month down the line and its doing it again!!

Clio 182
Piece of shiznit :)

I'm gonna replace the rear hangars with some new ones, rehang the exhaust and silicone the sh*t out of it i think. Man that's annoying.

I have a scorpion decat sitting around waiting to be fitted so may give that a go aswell.

I'll see how it goes.

Cheers for the suggestions.

Donut.

Clio 182 RB
I had a new cat fitted...never stopped blowing then..gave up in the end so im having a cat-back system with de-cat!:)problem sorted