ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Castrol Edge 5W40 Engine Oil

172 cup
opie oils have some good deals on oil at the moment have a look on there, he's also on here giving advice on the correct oil for your car

Clio 197
opie oils have some good deals on oil at the moment have a look on there, he's also on here giving advice on the correct oil for your car
From opie i just got 10L of Gulf Competition racing 5w40 for £60 delivered, not sure if this offer is still on

Clio 172 cup
Even though I think it does meet the Renault specs...I would steer clear.

Why?? its just unbranded castrol magnetec, using this and and changing the oil every 4 months is just as good as using anything else.

Clios dont have race engines so stop being anal about oil

Clio 172 Ph1
I will probably order from opie next time, but Im actually from Ireland and wanted to service the car at the weekend and the local motorfactor had castrol and Gulf oil, decided to go for the Gul oil as it seemed to have better spec and recommended by the motorfactor. The castrol was €40 for 4L but the Gulf was only €40 for 5L so suited better also.

I will probably get a roasting for buying the Gulf oil now, but what harm!:p

I change the oil every 3 months anyway so cant do that much harm!ha

182 FF, A6 Avant
Wow, excellent service from Opie... Gulf oil is out of stock, I need it for this weekend, so they will send the more expensive Fuchs Pro S instead for the same money. Nice.

Renault Twingo RS
I have had bad experience with Castrol RS 10W-60 in my previous car (Opel Astra GSI Turbo) there have been traces of burnt out oil... For my new Renault Twingo RS I bought Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 (RN0710), mainly because I use Shell V-Power (RON97), as RON98 is more difficult to find these days, because it is replaced with RON95 Eco fuel everywhere. But Total Quartz 9000 5W-40 and Twingo RS OEM oil, Elf Excellium 5W-40 were on my shortlist to, but Elf is difficult to find and Total has sold the only 2 Total gas stations in my town. And I could buy the Shell with serious discount!

Silkolene and Fuchs are from the same factory, right? And a different class / style of Synthetic, right? Nice too!