ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Castle Combe Friday 19th, Red 172 with standard 1.2 kit on Throttle bodies!

182 Cup
This went round track and was very fast indeed! I spoke to the owner for a good half hour and it's a very tidy car, although he did regret the perspex windows in the heat!

I was in the blue T reg M3, forgot your name sorry mate! Just wondered if you were on here?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Saw him at the last Action Day - it's a quick car that. I think he's a member of the obsessive personality disorder club ;) so will be mates with Rich Williams, Chip, Lesley & Dan etc.

182 Cup
Saw him at the last Action Day - it's a quick car that. I think he's a member of the obsessive personality disorder club ;) so will be mates with Rich Williams, Chip, Lesley & Dan etc.

Oh yeah, very fast. I couldn't keep with him in the M3, just quicker across the ground in general. I definitely get what you mean haha ;)

Clio Trophy #343
Did it have the DCI badges on? if so its Nick Gwinet, the car is very competent as is he at coombe and in general :)

he times himself usually and I think that his best so far is 1.21 but I could be wrong, its a cracking little car tbh

dci clio track toy..
Hi it was me there enjoying the sun .... shame the tyres dint enjoy the sun was stupid hot . Thanks for comments lads

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Lol, its "obsessive performance disorder" mate (www.clubOPD.com), and yes that is my mate Nick.

K-tec tuned car, not making massive power but its quite light and he is pretty committed. Does about a 1:22 round combe IIRC

edit - too slow, must read whole thread!
just seen nick has replied!

dci clio track toy..
I should be commited lol....have to agree not massive power but does job ... keep thinking about cams but ........ juat cant decide if im honest chip

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Leave it alone nick, it is brilliant fun as it is, and if you add cams it will probably end up less reliable and its only going to make about 15bhp difference or so anyway.

dci clio track toy..
Cheers chip ... decided now gonna leave it be .. see ya at fcs ... is it true ya turbo clio has had a mishap ??? Gutted for ya if true

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes mate the turbo is dead at the moment, knackered injector leaned out cylinder 4 (well 1 if you number it the french way around starting at the gearbox) and melted the piston.
No other damage really, cylinder 1 (ie cambelt end, or 4 to the french) looks a little lean as well in terms of the colouring on the top of the piston, but thats obviously just cause its semi sequential injection so a portion of the fuel for 1 comes from the injector on 4, but the head is ok now I have cleaned the melted piston off it, no det marks or anything, so just a case of either putting another piston in the hole or boring a block for a new set, probably going to do the latter as I cant find a single one at the moment and could be months waiting for one.

So I will be in the RS2 car at combe, which being full road weight wont get near yours even though power wise there isnt a lot in it, i'll be about 5 seconds a lap off your pace.

dci clio track toy..
Gutted for ya chip what a pain in the butt....
Took ya advice and got a diff in mine and the difference is amazing

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Gutted for ya chip what a pain in the butt....

These things happen mate, no drama.
Just a shame im so busy with house stuff at the moment Ive no time to fix it just yet.
Could get Mike to I guess but would sooner do it myself "just because"

Took ya advice and got a diff in mine and the difference is amazing

Cool stuff!

You doing llandow? yours would be EPIC there.