ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cases for HTC Desire

M2 Competition
Ive just bought a desire (although its not arrived yet, grrr), so be interesting to see what comes up.

How long have you had yours Griff?

M2 Competition
Was that with Vodafone? I had an 'out of stock' email (despite them letting me order it confirming that it was in stock... ) but still nothing 2 weeks later!

Good things come to those who wait i suppose ;) lol

172 Cup
I'm buying it off someone on here who received it as an unwanted upgrade. I'll get it unlocked when it arrives and stick my O2 sim in it.

Got tired of my old iPhone 3G and that latest OS update really crippled it.

330ci sport
I'm using a very cheap and cheerful case I bought from odds and pods. I can't say I recommend the company, utter crap, but the case is brilliant!! It's very slim OE looking and not intrusive.

I dropped my phone yesterday in the car park at work from waist height, it bounced and landed face down. Not even a scratch on the phone, so very happy!!

gel_desire_4.jpg

gel_desire_3.jpg

£2.99 from...

http://www.oddsandpods.co.uk/desire-black-flexible-skin-case-cover-p-758.html

Formally Clio 182
i was gonna get a desire but everyone I know who owns one wishes they got a nexus one.

Just sayin because I too am thinking of changing my mind. Vodafone have more stock of them too!

ITB'd MK1
i was gonna get a desire but everyone I know who owns one wishes they got a nexus one.

Just sayin because I too am thinking of changing my mind. Vodafone have more stock of them too!

Why would they want an older Desire which is effectively what the Nexus One is?!?

i was thinking the same. desire is just an n1 with a few new bits like optical track pad not roller ball. few more rooted roms out for the n1 i guess

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I dont actually use any case. The phone is still in good nic. But i never put it in a pocket with coins/keys

Formally Clio 182
Why would they want an older Desire which is effectively what the Nexus One is?!?

Dunno, that was my initial thoughts too.

HTC Desire has Sense, which while annoying is better than nothing. N1 has car mode. HTC suck at updates on the desire. N1 has trackball. N1 is thinner. Desire has slightly more memory.

182FF with cup packs
Dunno, that was my initial thoughts too.

HTC Desire has Sense, which while annoying is better than nothing. N1 has car mode. HTC suck at updates on the desire. N1 has trackball. N1 is thinner. Desire has slightly more memory.

Having had both of them I can tell you exactly the differences. [I sold my Desire to my mate and use my Nexus]

1) The Nexus has dock pins on the bottom of the phone for the desktop cradle and car dock, while the Desire docks/cradles rely on connecting the usb connector.
2) The nexus is quad band while the desire is "only" triband
3) The desire has a FM radio. (the nexus has the hardware, but not the software, there have been some hacked roms that attempt to enable the functionality but they are all a bit buggy IIRC)
4) The Nexus has a noise cancelling mic on the back
5) The desire uses HTC's sense UI overlay while the Nexus uses straight stock android, so the nexus will always get the android updates first (especially as its now also "Google Dev Phone 3") [I actually really like sense and when it's properly hacked to the Nexus under FroYo will be installing it]
6) The HTC's IME keyboard implementation is far superior to the stock android one (at the most basic level because you can use a long press on the letters to get symbols, while on stock you have to select the symbol keyboard) [this is easily transferable over to any android phone though, i run HTC IME on my nexus with no issues at all].
7) Widgets - The Desires widgets (which are technically part of sense) are much better than stock. i.e. Friendstream, the calender, the Music player one.
8) Homescreen buttons - On the desire they are actual physical buttons, while on the nexus they are touch sensitive areas at the bottom of the screen
9) Every man and his dog appears to be getting a Desire, Nexus therefore rock :rasp:

182FF with cup packs
I have the Desire and my bro has the Nexus One, we both agree that the Desire is better, not too sure why we think it is maybe that its just a bit faster

It'll be interesting to see some benchmark comparisons now the Desire officially has 2.2 available. It's probably to do with the Desire having slightly more RAM than the Nexus.

M2 Competition
Ooh, good one Tim!

Might ask you some questions about it at some point :p lol. Once phone is set-up, how do i sync new contacts with facebook?? Anyone know?

I went for a clear black sylicone skin from ebay, 3 quid with a screen protector. Might get the leather case for work also.

Clio 197
Got myself a 'case mate' ' barely there' case... it came with a screen protector.

Seems good... phone still fits in a pouch if need be.

I think it was under a tenner IIRC.

1.5dci
Hey any further reviews on the cases mentioned above from one one who got them?
Finally decided to get a desire instead of a streak, as it's a more sensible and robust, and i'm clumsy so the streak screen wouldn't last 5 mins with me!

was looking at the xylo case that tim mentioned, did you get one? also tempted by the official case in the hotuk deals site.
Will have a few weeks to sort cases out, as will need to get it sent home and not back till September unfortunately, can't wait to get it though