ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cars gone tits up!

17RS2'd Cup
First off I have an electrical issue.
All started at the same time so....

The drivers window has stopped working,
The interior light doesn't come on when its unlocked,
The hazard switch operates fine but also illuminates the doors open lamp,
The turn right indicator doesn't work,
The normal speed wipers don't work, intermittent and fast are fine,
The rear window heater locks the doors
And finally my lights at the bottom of the console don't work (the ring around the fag lighter and the ash tray light)

I reckon the UCH. Had an issue with it before (hazards kept coming on) and now I just automatically think its that.

Secondly the car is running like a bag of sh*t when warm. The emissions light is flashing when up to temp. It sounds horrendous. There's no power when warm either. It's like driving a 1l with 4 fat passengers.
The car is decatted with an RS2 manifold, due a service soon and cambelt change in May. Don't know if that helps but....

Any help very much appreciated.

Last edited:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Without seeing it I think it's unlikely to be entirely down to the UCH as it wouldn't have any bearing on the engines actual running... my guess is a fucked earth/other wiring related issue.

Mick