ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carpet / underlay replacement

Clio 1.2 16V
Hi all

I had a really bad leak which has now (hopefully) been fixed. The foam underlay in the whole car is absolutely ruined and is just unsavable. I have managed to remove most of it but having some difficulties with the front footwells.

I cant seem to get the carpet up , it seems to be tacked down good via the sides somehow and I was wondering if anyone had removed it before and had any hints or tips and/or if i am missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, the plan is remove and refit new foam / carpet.

Clio 1.2 16V
Ok so I ordered the new foam & carpet and just took a stanley blade to the current one. I now have managed to get all the foam out and binned and new one should come on Monday.

What I noticed though is that there was polystyrene and a black plastic moulding type thing under there too. So the question is will it be ok to just put the foam and carpet down or shall I try source the polystyrene and moulding too?

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
What I noticed though is that there was polystyrene and a black plastic moulding type thing under there too. So the question is will it be ok to just put the foam and carpet down or shall I try source the polystyrene and moulding too?

Where abouts Claire? You need to be careful of things like the pedal box in the driver's footwell.

I think the foam goes a fair way up behind the dash from memory (I should know as I stripped mine out), but can't be 100% sure.

Did you find where the leak was from? Blocked scuttle drains are the usual culprit. There's 3 of them -1 each side and 1 in the middle of the scuttle panel.