ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carlisle Meet 27/01/08

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Fantastic day, it was everyone's first meet and hopefully everyone had a great time. Superb route too, bar the potholes (damn them all!), and most of the roads were dry. The usual streams running across, but it wasn't too bad at all. All in all I had a great day, cheers to all who turned up.

First time we stopped for pics just near Cappercleuch.
P1270004CS.jpg

P1270005CS.jpg

P1270006CS.jpg

P1270007CS.jpg

P1270008CS.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh208/dandycaptain/P1270008CS.jpg

Last edited:
  Mk1 Eunos Roadster
More pics:
P1270011CS.jpg

P1270014CS.jpg

And then it went pear-shaped for Piers...
P1270015CS.jpg

And after a fair amount of foam, careful driving and socket-borrowing he ended up thusly:
P1270016CS.jpg

Stylish, yet functional.

Last edited:

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
nice.

i not seen many black sports with standard 182 wheels fitted. look nice though.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
yeah thanks matt good old blast out! wish i took my camera...
i got two pics from my phone but very selfishly of my car.:eek: . spur of the moment thing.f1 moffat run 2 small.JPG

f1 moffat run small.JPG

Italian 3.2 V6
Yea gr8 and really fun day, really injoyed it even tho i got the flat tyre (sorry!) fekin potholes!!. Defo in for a next meet! was proud of the old 1.4 lol, it did well :).

thanks matt for organising a gr8 eventfull day!

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
ahh so you finally brushed the cobwebs from your wallet and paid the substantial £5 membership piers huh

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Glad you chaps enjoyed it too. And I feel your pain Piers, my own tyre's gonna cost me a packet to replace after I found that bulge on the sidewall today. *Sigh,* never mind.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
well my tires seem ok.... though i will be amazed if there arent any stone chips thought bens car was spreading grit at one point;) but then never seen a grit wagon go sideways:rasp:

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
well a run in the lakes could be on the cards very soon then.. where abouts you live/work

Black 182
well my tires seem ok.... though i will be amazed if there arent any stone chips thought bens car was spreading grit at one point;) but then never seen a grit wagon go sideways:rasp:

LMAO never been in a grit wagon that goes sideways , but now i am proud to say i have !!!:approve:

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Aye, a lakes run would be cool. More traffic to contend with though, so no sideways action for me and ben, or we'll end up as sheep food.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
yeah thats the only problem with the lakes!.. those roads today were soooo quiet its was fun

Leon Cupra R 225
Couldn't say no to a nite out :eek: .

Ill meet up with you lot at some point, Im in Carlisle quite alot.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
lol yeah must have a lot of acid rain - its made them rusty (thats what my blond girlfriend said)
erm i have to edit this and say she isnt dumb....

Last edited:

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
oh by the way my car averaged 25ish mpg from selkirk to home
what about you guys?

Italian 3.2 V6
Mine was 30.7 by the time i pulled up in carlisle. suprised the 182 is very similar since its a 2.0 and mines a 1.4 :S . prob just due to the fact i was pushing mine as far as i could to keep up with you lot at times... lol.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Mine was 33.5 from selkirk to the M74. Much better than I thought it would be tbh. It's urban driving that kills my mpg figure.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
didnt think i was pushing it that much.... on the motorway at a steady 75 over 30 miles it got 31-32mpg which i guess is the best it will ever doo.
through the week it only averages 22 through town and back!
its a thirsty bugg3r

Black 182
didnt think i was pushing it that much.... on the motorway at a steady 75 over 30 miles it got 31-32mpg which i guess is the best it will ever doo.
through the week it only averages 22 through town and back!
its a thirsty bugg3r

your telling me , average 22 :eek: