ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Card fault? (key-less) on Renault Clio Sport 197

Renault Clio 197
Hi Forum users,
Can anyone help me with a issue i have been having with the Renault Card for my Renault Clio 197 i have had since early last year.
The issue is when the car is deadlocked (by pressing the lower button on the card twice it locks correctly), but most but not every time i next want to unlock he car with hands free the card in my pocket or hand the door will not open unless i use the buttons on the card.
The hand-free feature worked fine every time since buying the car last march up until about Nov/Dec last year.
I thought i may have been the cold weather affecting the electrics or the battery but it has been mild weather recently and i tried the other card that has a brand new good quality battery in and the problem has still persisted.
Whether i need to take the car to a Renault dealer or other garage to get them to connect it up to one of their diagnostic computers so as to ascertain what the issue could be is maybe what is needed but i am some what reluctant to pay £40-£50.
Thanks for any help with this.