ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Lorraine replacement

Track 172 Cup
Currently running CL6 and was debating on just getting them again as I find them good. Or trying something else to see how they compare the CL, looking at likes of the Ferodo DS3000 / DS 1.11 or (I know the DS 1.11 are more expensive price but are they worth the extra) or the anyone tried the Mintex 1155 on track as heard they are decent just not sure compared too what else I've listed.

Stu

Just FYI, if you want to stick to CL, try Murraymotorsport.com, front page has a 10% off code this weekend and they're already competitive, I ordered some on Friday :smile:
I just resent paying £200 for a set of pads on a track car

Track 172 Cup
I'm just looking on their site now and surprised the RC6 which I have now are £119 before I use the discount code so should be about £100. How much did delivery cost you @MarkX

I'm just looking on their site now and surprised the RC6 which I have now are £119 before I use the discount code so should be about £100. How much did delivery cost you @MarkX

They're plus vat too unfortunately, but with the discount work out the cheapest I've seen. Delivery was about £6, they us fast way though, they vary hugely, you can go through the checkout process and get a full quote before you pay :smile:

Track 172 Cup
That's unlucky that mate, Hopefully I'm getting a set for £110 off somebody if they're still available so for that price I'm gonna stick with them for now and maybe next time round unless a set come up cheap again try the DS1.11 or maybe even swap calipers too something like the brembo sets that have come up for sale the last week or so as my carriers are getting abit worn where the slider pins go, i have just put a newly rebuilt set of calipers on yesterday so wanna get at least this year out the way before I change calipers.

Track 172 Cup
I've noticed one is the 4026 and 4027 both listed for the Clio 2 RS 2000-2005.

Just read that the 4027 is the Pug 306 GTi pad which also fits the 172 but according to CL (or more on KAM's website you should fit new discs as the pad is larger assuming the disc may have a lip on it is all I can think of)

Now do i go RC6 and replace like for like or RC8 for an extra £15? Think the DS1.11 can wait until next time and I have some more pennies saved up lol with the pads will have spent close £350 this month lol and its only the 4th day in and I booked Oulton for the 20th

Last edited:
  Track 172 Cup
Yeah @Fletcher I'm now just considering the RC8 over the RC6 as it is £149 delivered just not sure if the 8 is abit overkill for what i'll need for now.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ring Paul at carbon loraine, he runs it. I did a group buy on here and the prices were good. Quote cliosport etc and see what he says. He is the sole supplier of cl so no one will/should be cheaper

Track 172 Cup
Went for the RC6 as I think the RC8 are a little over kill for me and I do occasionally use it on the road and normally drive it too track so wasn't sure with them from cold etc. Plus with the CL over likes of the the other pads you don't have bed the CL ones in according too the CL website. Think I'll experiment more when funds allow.