ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Lorraine RC6

Arctic Blue FF 182
RC6? That's a pretty aggressive compound. What is the car used for as generally an RC5+ is all that's needed.

Arctic Blue FF 182
I would look at the RC5+ pad then, as an RC6 is a much more dedicated race pad. We use RC6/ RC8 on our race vehicles (Elises/ Europas) and RC5+ for track day and some race applications to. RC6 will be a very noisy pad for road use as well, whereas the RC5+ is designed to be quiter. Just my thoughts.

Arctic Blue FF 182
At a quick glaze at prices between CL price list, KTEC and Kam racing I think with the discount at KTEC at the moment they are cheaper, but just have a search around.

Clio 182 FF
As above RC6 pads for mainly road is abit overkill, they squeak so bad it can get embarrassing

They work at any temperature. They get loud when they're not being pushed hard, but they always have a light squeal.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
For road use CL Brakes pads are not really the first port of call. The RC5+ would be better as the high iron content in the RC6 will be aggressive on discs when cold and will leave metallic brake dust over the bodywork. The RC5 dont always like winter use either, going from extreme hot to cold has made the pad come away from the backing plate in a couple of instances. Its relatively rare but I hate any disappointed customers.
Ferodo DS2500 or Mintex M1144 would be better for a daily road car. We tend to push the ferodo for most customers these days.

Kev