ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Lorraine rc5

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah they are pretty good mate I had them with brembo discs. Is your car stripped? Oh and go to carbone loraine direct, they supply the likes of ktec, kam racing and they will beat their price.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ah ok. Depending on how you use the car and like the paintwork I would have like to try the ds3000 or rc6

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I had them on my daily and now it's track I don't plan to change them. They don't fade with heat at all, just bite more and more.

Might be a little cheaper on kam racing but I can't remember.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Carbone loraine supply kam racing. They will match/beat their price and prob throw in delivery.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
This.

Paul Chance is brilliant. He has beaten any price I've found for CL's as yet.

Its because he's the uk supplier. I rang him for a price first and then kam racing, the latter were cheaper. Rang Paul back, he saw his a£$e, beat their price by a couple of quid and threw in delivery.

I bought some RC8's from him, he misquoted me for rc6's but honoured his price which I thought was good, I was happy to pay either but he wouldn't accept the higher amount!

evo 6rs/clio 172
I reckon it boils down to cl 5+ or ds 3000
Anyone had both
I am after a sharp bite instead of pushing the pedal down to the pad to get any bite

Range Rover Sport
Think I may try the DS3000 next to be honest.

Although the CL pads do get a good review on here! I always thought the RC5 was more of a DS 2500 type pad?

evo 6rs/clio 172
That's what I am thinking
More priced at a good rd pad
I am at blyton soon so don't want crap brakes

Range Rover Sport
I think if I were you I'd try the RC6.

I'd imagine that's on the same sort of level as DS 3000 / XP10 type pad.

Range Rover Sport
I've yet to find a pad as good as the XP10.

I'm not sure Ian does anything off the shelf for the Clio but I'm certain he can make the pads up. May have to speak with him later in the month as like you say they are mental!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Lad I sold my silver phase 1 too had them and said they were by far and away the best pads he's used. How much are they?

evo 6rs/clio 172
Yes doing a few trackdays
mostly blyton and cadwell
I only have the cheap pagid rd pad in at the mo

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Funny you should mention those pads. I needed sonething quick in my old Clio to do oulton and bought standard pagid pads and discs from euro car parts and If I'm honest it was the best set up I've had, car was stripped etc so maybe weight played a part.

evo 6rs/clio 172
Yes they were a bargain at £49 delivered with discs
So they weren't to bad even on track mate

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
That's cheap, even with my trade discount I paid a couple of quid less I think. Yeah they were spot on, but tbh I don't brake that much lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Do you find them good on the road etc? I have this feeling you've done a trackday or two before, your username rings a bell, mlr? I'd still prob give the ds ones a try though if it was me.

evo 6rs/clio 172
Yes mate had an Evo 8 at 525 bhp and an Evo 6 Rs at 420 bhp
I have done most tracks in the uk mate
I ran my Evo in class b last year in the mlrss
Won Mira in it and gav Knoxville won blyton in it
Yes reckon the ds 3000 are worth a try
I need another steering boss as I bought a omp one and it comes with no angle sensor tabs so now I can't turn the traction control off
Looking for another boss mate

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I recognised the name, you had/have some nice cars mate. Yeah give the ds pads a go, I reckon you will be happy with them. Albeit they are not great from cold. But guessing like a normal person who appreciates their car you don't start off in a race first thing in the morning so I'm sure you will be ok lol

evo 6rs/clio 172
Yes mate I am sure there a good upgrade
I see you have bought another classic scooby
Still tempted with a 2 door but are there any rust free ones about

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Hit and miss mate. There's a nice type r on scoobynet £6k iirc with lots of bits done to it, not sure if its rust free though. Yeah I fancied another, so far so good, will see how long I keep this car for lol.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Bit late but I forgot to add that I find CL's last twice as long as a set of discs and that the dust is very difficult to remove without viakal

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I run with RC 6 on the front and RC 5 on the back and never have brake fade.