ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbon lorrain or DS 2500 with Brembro max

megan R26.R number 006
ds2500 with brembo high carbon disks the Brembo maxi disk are not worth it with the ds2500 pad i would call Andrew at yozzasport he has tyred most combinations

VRS
carbon lorraines are better performance wise but ds2500 are better in terms of all round package eg good braking, low dust, low squeel

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I spoke with Andrew and he said for Road Use go with Brembo HC's and DS2500's or if your may do a Track Day or Two go with Pagid Blue's and Brembo Max Disks as Pagid's Work better with Grooved Disks apparently

182-racing-blue

Pagid blues = carbon = no squeal!!

They have to be warm though, I use them for daily driving on standard discs and they are fine.

Will be putting HC discs on soon to complement the pads as mentioned they do work a lot better with grooved discs.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I use carbon lorrain + brembo max. I was told to do 50 miles gentle braking (squeaked like f***) then start to heat cycle them. Start with low speed hard braking and build it up to higher speeds, but you must let them cool down after 3 or 4 runs.
After I did this they did'nt squeek at all :D .The only bad point is you must clean your wheels at least once a week:( But its worth the hassle as this combination of disc + pad is awesome and compaired with 4 pots is so much cheaper.
also got the carbon rear pads with oe discs
Hope this helps

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
For road use, DS2500s all day long.

Carbon Lorraines are complete and total overkill for road use. They say a firm "f*ck you" to road use by rattling, clanking, and squeeling like you couldn't possible imagine, all the time.

Now I consider myself a Cup hard man, but if it was being used daily, the CLs would be right out, they'd be unbearable.

As above I found the Pagid Blues to be very quiet, plus they lasted 30,000 miles :approve:

M2 Competition
ds2500 with brembo high carbon disks the Brembo maxi disk are not worth it with the ds2500 pad i would call Andrew at yozzasport he has tyred most combinations

Negative, the ds2500's work far better with the max disks, as opposed to the high carbons.

For road use, DS2500s all day long.

Carbon Lorraines are complete and total overkill for road use. They say a firm "f*ck you" to road use by rattling, clanking, and squeeling like you couldn't possible imagine, all the time.

Now I consider myself a Cup hard man, but if it was being used daily, the CLs would be right out, they'd be unbearable.

As above I found the Pagid Blues to be very quiet, plus they lasted 30,000 miles :approve:
For you, that has to be some sort of record! lol