ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbon inserts

R26 230
does neone have these, im talkin about eitehr carbon badges or carbon interior bits???
if so ne pics, prices and where you got them from?

cheers

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
I have a few things i made up in carbon, but been slack and nto finished them off yet!

Middo has doen a few things also and finished them.
Im sure he will see this thread later today ;)

Door Sills

ProtoType.JPG

Inserts:

ProtoType3.JPG

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Yup it is real carbon.

Its a very small thin layered weave.

I only had it as a tester, i normally use the thicker stuff which Middo also uses.

Its still a pain in the ass to work with tho!!!

The above was my 4th/5th try

None
Does the carbon fibre you use come in thin sheets as I wanna do some switches etc in my car but will be too hard to do

Chocolate Bar™
Maxx said:
Does the carbon fibre you use come in thin sheets as I wanna do some switches etc in my car but will be too hard to do

you can use the 'sticky backed' carbon fibre which gives the effect and is easy to work with, or you can use genuine carbon which is much harder to work with, but gives you the satisfaction of knowing it the real deal.

i know of a supplier whose cheap and supplies the sticky backed carbon. its real carbon fibres woven onto a pvc backing so gives you the proper carbon effect - in fact i used it on my front badge and its a good match for the carbon bonnet.

Chocolate Bar™
^ the carbon inserts are actual carbon fibre mat properly resined, sanded and laquered although i really wouldnt recommend anyone to do this as its a proper arse