ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Fiber

2008 Clio 1.2 TCE
I am wanting to do a few bits and pieces in carbon, and after having a look around here I have seen there is a number of different ways to do it. 3M, Wet Lay and the actual one wih cloth and hardener etc.

I was also wondering what one is easiest n what one looks best?

(If this is not in right section please move it)

200 with booost
3M is easiest, cheapest and quickest.

If you plan to wet lay you will firsly need a mould, the better the finish of the item you mould = the better the finish of the mould, which = the better quality the final piece. this is proboably the dearest and longest route and if you have no experience Id stay well away.

You could like you mention prep the piece you want covering, add a light resin base, put on you carbon fabric and put more resin on top. Trouble with this is that you need to apply more and more coats whilst sdanding down any rough bits or dribbles, takes forever.

Having worked in the motorsport composites my honest opinion if I were you would be to stick with 3M.

Clio 172 RS2
Easiest? A good 3D carbon wrapping foil!

Best looking? A actual carbon lay-up and autoclave it! (Time consuming and what Fernandez said!)