ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon bonnets

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
I'm after a carbon bonnet as mines has started to bubble and I'd rather buy a carbon one than have mines sprayed.

I've seen a couple sites to buy new like madmotors and ebay, does anyone have experience with them or know who the go to would be for the best quality/price?

I always see aftermarket ones with bonnet pins, ideally I'd like one that could have a catch fitted to it
https://www.madmotors.co.uk/carbon-designs-renault-clio-mk3-oem-carbon-bonnet.html

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PH2 172
I'm after a carbon bonnet as mines has started to bubble and I'd rather buy a carbon one than have mines sprayed.

I've seen a couple sites to buy new like madmotors and ebay, does anyone have experience with them or know who the go to would be for the best quality/price?

I always see aftermarket ones with bonnet pins, ideally I'd like one that could have a catch fitted to it
https://www.madmotors.co.uk/carbon-designs-renault-clio-mk3-oem-carbon-bonnet.html

Given the description if Mk3 & the picture is Mk2 does not inspire me with confidence.

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Given the description if Mk3 & the picture is Mk2 does not inspire me with confidence.
I guess some people not in the know with Clio's would call the ph1 a MK2 and a Ph2 a MK3, at least this has been my experience with mates who are well into their jap stuff and have a complete ignorance for anything else:tearsofjoy:

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
I thought that too which was why I was wondering if there was a trusted place to get one from, maybe a supplier on here or somethin would've been ideal

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Check it's actually carbon fibre, cheaper stuff is often Fibreglass with a thin CF layer ontop, which kinda defeats the point.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Check it's actually carbon fibre, cheaper stuff is often Fibreglass with a thin CF layer ontop, which kinda defeats the point.
Pretty sure that's what the one from mad motors is, there's doesn't appear to be many places selling them, none thatve been recommended by anyone on here at least

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Might as well get normal Fibreglass then, unless you want the carbon fibre look?

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Might as well get normal Fibreglass then, unless you want the carbon fibre look?
After the carbon look, if I was gunna get a fiberglass one and get it painted I'd just fix mines for less, but I fancy this so am gunna keep hunting till I see somethin decent or someone has a good idea [emoji23]

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Could maybe get one custom made, would cost obviously.

If you have a Fibreglass one already then you can get that skinned in Carbon.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Could maybe get one custom made, would cost obviously.

If you have a Fibreglass one already then you can get that skinned in Carbon.
A don't have anything sorted yet unfortunately but I'll probably end up getting a carbon skinned fiberglass one if nothing else is available

PH2 172
I guess some people not in the know with Clio's would call the ph1 a MK2 and a Ph2 a MK3, at least this has been my experience with mates who are well into their jap stuff and have a complete ignorance for anything else:tearsofjoy:
That would seem to be a reasonable explanation.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Nope just someone selling one down south, got lucky
c3e620381295f98a89d99fdf38993457.jpg

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Been on for a bit now, worth it
d89be7fa53ab007a1c1575056f8ab8a2.jpg
5185df805d81f03703f16d69d3022fed.jpg