ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon bonnet fitting help

Mégane RS
Well brought a carbon bonnet the other day, tried to fit it today and it doesnt fit right, also the catch/latch wont go on niether as there is no hole for the spring part of it, anyone with advice and help on how to fit it?

thanks Vinny

Chocolate Bar™
mine was exactly the same as this, i ended up taking mine to a bodyshop, who said they were never gonna fit one on a clio ever again ;)

Mégane RS
lol, i know yeah i remember you saying lol, might have to do that then, any idea of how much that costs?

Vinny

Punto/Clio GTT
adjust the actual bonnet on the hinges, 4x10 mil bolts i think, if the bonnets too far forward then lift the bonnet up, undo bolts, let it drop slightly, retighten, if its too far over to one side, undo bolts, push it over or pull hinges over then retighten, just trial n error really.

as for the bonnet catch, get the old bonnet next to ya n just drill what needs drilling so it looks the same, adjust the catch to suit, probably torx bits needed

Chocolate Bar™
Vinnyc19 said:
lol, i know yeah i remember you saying lol, might have to do that then, any idea of how much that costs?

Vinny

if i remember rightly he charged me 30ish quid