ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car won't start - Please Help!!!!! :(

Mini Clubman
Hi,

I have a 2003 1.2 Clio that has starting problems.

Sometimes it starts and then others it don't.

I have had a diagnostic check on it and it came back that the ring decoder had a fault. I then replaced that.

Still no luck............

I then had an auto electrictian look at the car, he said he had fixed the problem. They said that the key was faulty, so paid to have a new key coded up. Went to collect the car and it drove home fine.

after leaving the car 10minutes, back to old ways. nothing.

I have done a quick video of it.

any1 any ideas?????

[video]http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=10150320190695901&comments[/video]

Thanks Tom

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
would an immobiliser fault have shown up on a diagnostic test

Yes it would and from what you've said it did in the form of the decoder ring... the problem is no doubt still there but hasn't been fixed/diagnosed correctly in the first place.

I'll gladly come out and take a look at it for you tomorrow afternoon if you'd like? Normally i'd say bring it to me but that's not going to happen is it... if you'd like me to come out get in touch with me here

Mick

Mini Clubman
Mick. Thanks for the response. How much do u charge and could u put it right? I can't do tomorrow but could do next week some time.

Let me know ur costs

Cheers

Tom

Da

Less
Could be as simple as needing a battery in the key.

Do you have a second key to try?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
wont be the battery in the key as he said it was new could be a wiring fault i have also had this with a battery that was duff and it confuses the system

Mini Clubman
Yeah changed both batteries in each key as well as having a new key as above. Doing my head in. Just need to get it sorted lol.

Thanks for trying the help though. Much appreciated

Golf GTD Mk7
Could it be a uch problem?

Very rare. Most likely wiring somewhere. It won't be immobilizer directly, but the fault will cause immobilizer to activate and hence lead you to that conclusion. Get Mick down to have a look for you. Sooooooo many reasons it could be doing this. Decoder can be a stored fault, which is probably why that didn't change anything. Look on the bright side, you bow have three keys ;)