ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start first time anymore???

ph quick
The last 2 weeks when ive gone out in the car, which is only really at weekends now, was in constant use before if that could have made a difference... When i try start it it will just turn over and over, then ill stop try again and it will start, is this a common problem? First port of call on any other car ive owned would be the dizzy cap, but this doesnt have one does it?

Any help would be great

Cheers

53 Clio's & counting
nope no cap mate,does it try to start? if you continue to crank it on the 1st attempt will it start adventually or does it just spin over?

S2000
At a quick guess I would imagine it might be something to do with the immobiliser, but I don't know much about Mk2's tbh so I'll leave it to someone else who does to see what they say. It will also depend on they answer to russ_16v's question though really as I would imagine it coudl also be something to do with the fuel pump failing to prime the system or something similar.

ph quick
Once its turned over for about 5 seconds each time i stopped, tried again and it starts right away