ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car won't rev past 4k 172cup

2009 200 clio cup
Hi folks jumped into. My cup today waited till it had heat up an decided to give it a little burst the car seemed sluggish at3k and wouldn't pass 4k this happened in several gears I then pulled in and turns it off and then back on and the problem was gone this is the third time in two days it has done this if any one could help I would appreciate it ps I can't be bothered going to the garage too long a wait lol cheers Derek

2009 200 clio cup
No lights on the dash no misfire or that jus felt like it was dyin like it was limiting at 4k like a sorta limp mode my Leon done that but went away when I stopped at lights it's strange to because one min it drives great nice power through the rev range n takes off when it hits 5k still getting used to that lol

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Sounds like limp mode?

yep I'd second that, could be a daft wee sensor somewhere, leak on the inlet (though usually that would mean a high idle and no throttle), or maybe an issue with the throttle? I'd say it needs plugged in somewhere mate

2009 200 clio cup
Cheers lads I appreciate it think I may go to ma mates garage to plug it in n see if there's any faults............. I shall let you know how if on

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
Check the sensor on top of the gearbox /fly wheel, give it a clean up or get another .. Mine did it at 5k n it was that

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
On the right hand side of the block ,from where the gearbox is bolted . It should just b 2 torx screws m8

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
From the top m8 , if it helps take ur air box out if u can't see it...I'd send u a pic but don't have 1 handy lol...

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342189465.796263.jpg

2009 200 clio cup
I always stated I would never go French as there build quality is shite lol and the fact wee needs/chavs kicked about in there souped up 1.1 saxo and 106 and silly wee 1.2 Clios with cherry bombs etc music pumpin I was always into nice ssubtle looking cars had a clean Sri for two years before I got my Cupra r jus wish I got the renaultsport Clio before the corsa because nothing touches them