ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Wash Plans for Weekend

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
As the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend I'll be out doing the below.

The Plan
Try out the Karcher pressure washer I bought last weekend,
1st time with snow foam bought from i4Detailing,
Clay with Meguirs clay bar and quick detailer as lube,
snow foam again for the hell of it,
spray whole car with quick detailer,
dry off with Sonus Der Wonder drying towels,
Mask up and drive to a mates (5 mins away) for a machine polish using 3M gear.
Slap on at least 2 coats of Collinite #476.

It should be interesting using the snow foam without a drive.

I usually take my car to the local immigrant car wash, but thought at £12 a time I'd rather spend time doing it myself so I spent a bit on the pressure washer and got the snow foam for a touchless wash after it's been machine polished to help prevent adding swirl marks.

I'm looking forward to the results, I'll post before and after pics in here or in the media area of the forum.

Anyone else got plans?

B

Bucko

I've got a long weekend off so plan on giving it a proper good spring clean. I'll be giving it the 3 monthly autogylm SRP and 2 or 3 coats of EGP.

Can't wait til it's done!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I'll be doing the full works again this weekend,plus paint correction on the other half of the car ;)

It wouldn't be *that* dirty though would it?

Would a quick going over of QD and microfibres suffice?

Yes it would, but safest option would be for him to drive the 5 mins to yours :)

Also, once polised you need to protect.

wash -> clay -> wash -> polish -> seal -> wax for depth

Suggest EGP, Jeff's Acryllic or CG Blitz.

Jamie

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
He's got a bigger drive plus it's a free polish so I can't really be cheeky and ask him to drive to mine.

I'll tell him to get the hose out and we'll give it a rinse before polishing it.

I've got the carlack sealent but thought as I'm claying it what's the point in putting that on as it does basically the same job. I'll be putting 2 layers of collinite 476 on after to protect it.

He's got a bigger drive plus it's a free polish so I can't really be cheeky and ask him to drive to mine.

I'll tell him to get the hose out and we'll give it a rinse before polishing it.

I've got the carlack sealent but thought as I'm claying it what's the point in putting that on as it does basically the same job. I'll be putting 2 layers of collinite 476 on after to protect it.

Claying and sealing? Two totally different things lad.

I would suggest sealing it before waxing as the sealent will bond to the paint work much better than a wax will, meaning you won't need to polish away contaminants as frequently.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Can I buff off the sealent and wax with a polishing head on a machine polisher? It'd make the job a lot easier! :)

Insignia SRi
I too will be doing the full works as i did a 100 mile round trip last to get a JMS tuning remap and its filthy and I want to use my new machine polisher, Iv only done 4 cars with it so far so I need to practice!!! lol

Insignia SRi
Na its not too bad just need more practice in using the cutting compounds etc to rid the cars or swirls, mines virtually swirl free but I have a few mates whos car's are awful!!! lol

Can I buff off the sealent and wax with a polishing head on a machine polisher? It'd make the job a lot easier! :)

Yeah if you want to, but remember, if you get anything, however small, on the buffer head it will severly mark your paint work. I wouldn't, but I am a clean freak ;)

M2 / Golf GTI
Tbh snow foam is good but you need to get on it with some shampoo and a mitt after. It doesn't clean everything off and will just gunk up your clay. Also found it left like a white hazey finish after using it sometimes.

Sunny/warm when you used it last mate? This only happens when it dries on when leaving it to do its work.

B

Bucko

Snow foam - Shampoo - Clay - Shampoo - Dry - Polish - Wax.

My plan;

Shampoo, clay, shampoo, dry (may try out mothers new garden leaf blower to get the water out the seams and trims), SRP, EGP and then EGP again the next morning, polish windows and gel the black trims.

Or i may just go for a bike ride in the sun and have a few pints if the weather is as nice as predicted!