ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car unbelievably damp/wet. sun roof?

Hi, I tried searching but couldn't find anything specific to my problem which is....

.... I got in my car tonight to come home and outside temp was ~1c and as you would expect my car was fairly cold but since i bought it there has been a horrible damp smell in it and i noticed the sun roof was dripping wet and freezing cold, its not leaking as its all over the glass, it seems like condensation.

How can i stop this and generally stop the dampness of my car?

1.2 Clio Expression by the way.

Thanks

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Sounds like the sun roof drip channels are blocked or seals gone if you got serious water dripping in.

Edit but if the underlay is already wet from previous times then you'll never get rid of the damp/condensation enless you strip the whole interior carpet and underlay and dry it.

Few things to visually check before you do anything. Are the footwells wet? Are the seats wet? Are the tops of the A pillars wet?

If the first two are correct, you'll probably need to reseal the whole sunroof (which I would advise anyway) If its only the latter there is probably more of a chance of it being just the reservoir as said above. Channels could be blocked, perished or loose.

Have a look at the following thread for some more information: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...oof-Leak-Please-HELP!!!&highlight=sunroof+fix

Yeah I saw that thread but wasn't sure if the advice would be different because my sunroof isnt actually leaking really, and I just checked the car and nothing seems to be wet or damp at all. The sun roof is absolutely covered in condensation but the seats, floor, pillars all feel cold but not damp or wet?

Yeah true, is there anything i could put over it? i know in some cars they have like a thing you can slide across it that stops it condensating (is that the right word? lol)

and yeah the backs just cold not wet or damp