ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car to avoid!

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...ry=cars&channel=DEALERPAGE&id=201223474638528

gonna name and shame this guy! on my quest to find another 182 i went to view thsi car, at first i was impressed by it, good exterior paint (slight over spary on headlight washer) good interior, very little melting on wheel and seats in good condition. opened the bonnet to find a cheap air filter held in position by cable ties, i thought that can be easily changed. Alloys were poop but again can be easily changed.

the trouble began when i asked to look at service book, good service history, but no belts etc changed! i asked the owner if he would come down on the price maybe £600 for the original exhaust and belt to be changed, only to get the reply that he can remember the belts being changed and can give me a hand written statement saying they had been done to which i laughed at him and asked who changed them, he nodded towards the mechanic in the corner who was struggling to tie his shoe laces lol. anyway after a bit of me trying to negotiate he ended up removing me from the garage as it does not cost £500 for belts to be done, the exhaust out live the car and anyone can change the timing belt.

so good look to anyone who deal with this guy

p.s car would be a good buy if price came down

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Why avoid it? Buy it put it belts on it if it's that much of a problem. As you've said it's not a shitter. I personally wouldn't at that price but hey ho.