ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Tax

No, you cant drive it even if you have paid for it online & it is in the post. You can even be fined for not displaying the disc when you have got it, so there is no way they will let you off. Do you feel lucky? then chance it, but it sounds like you could well do without a fine plus paying for your car tax. You can guarantee the 1st of every month the feds are a bit keener than usual on road tax evasion.

Milltek'd 182
they check up on you by computer, its not the old 'look in the windscreen' tactic...the computer even chases you. like in the advert lol

LY V6 with Recaros
No, they can tell if you haven't renewed, you need to apply for a sorn if the cars not going to be on the road.

Mountune Tractor
No, they can tell if you haven't renewed, you need to apply for a sorn if the cars not going to be on the road.

He's right. My mate didn't renew his on time and just left it outside the house without driving it. A few weeks went past until he got his new disc and he thought he'd blagged it, a couple days later a letter landed on the doorstep for some money from DVLA. Not worth the risk anymore imo.

Milltek'd 182

He's right. My mate didn't renew his on time and just left it outside the house without driving it. A few weeks went past until he got his new disc and he thought he'd blagged it, a couple days later a letter landed on the doorstep for some money from DVLA. Not worth the risk anymore imo.

he's a she lol...look at the profile pic ;)

you're all wrong.

you get 2 weeks grace and I know from experience. Don't leave it any longer though as they will know and you will get an automatic fine. No points though as it's not a driving offence.

2 wheel power
The tax ran out on my clio and I think it wasnt until 2 months later I declared it SORN, never heard anything from the DVLA

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Well ive just managed to pursuade my mum to lend me £190 and will get it sorted 2moro first thing.
:(

It's already gone up since the budget mate, £190 won't be enough.

I paid £112.75 this morning using the form you get in the post which had £104.50 & £190.00 on it.

clio dci
sorn it and take your chance the fine is the same as a years road tax so in effect you will pay double

BMW 335d
get caught with no tax on the road and your looking at £200 minimum to get it back...i know cos i run a team that goes round finding untaxed cars!