ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Tax - A more un-usuall question

Recieved the reminder for my car tax the other day and is due by the 31st July (still a bit of time).

Additionally my MOT is due on the 20th, unfortunatly havent had the time to get it there early and have booked it in on the 21st (sat).

However in the mean time can i apply for my tax disk, or do i need to wait for the MOT to be done?

Sorry if posted in the wrong section

330i. E30 Touring.
Get it quick and you'll be alright.

Be clever and you only need an MOT once every 2 years. Allegedly.

Get it quick and you'll be alright.

Be clever and you only need an MOT once every 2 years. Allegedly.

So just tried and its just come back with something simular to "your mot is not vaild for the date of tax renewal"... so now have to wait another couple of days to pay a bill that we all hate paying.

Last edited:
  M135i
I don't think it will work if you try doing it online. My insurance and tax both expire at the end of Dec, every year when I try and tax online it says I have no insurance. It obviously checks the to/from dates of the insurance and the start date of the tax you're applying for.

Post office ftw ;)

330i. E30 Touring.
Oh of course. Me neither. Just a theory.

Of course, you're still required to have MOT to use your car on the road, but a mate of mine (ahem) uses the above rule and has never been caught. He's a dodgy fucker though.

Thanks for the help guys... looks like ill just have to wait... just means another bill i have to remember to pay :(

It just feels like constant bills atm... in the next 5 weeks, have car insurance, car tax, mot... previous months ive also replaced a shock... bought two new PS3's for the front, full serivce and cambelt and aux belt... only owned the car a couple of months

Hopefully thats all the bills for a few more months... but im becoming a pain in making sure everything is at such a high quality standard... so now got to save up for new rear disks & baring's, pads... disks and barings are good, but pads need replacing... but will do the whole lot so i know theve been done... then next going to get some uprated disk & pads for the front, even tho these were brand new before i bought it. Then new braided break lines ;)... then its time for either spax or koni susspension... list is endless!!!

Im just hoping this is the last of the maintance bills :) for a while at least!

Media?

Are you stupid?

Sorry just got you... i didnt actually know where to put this in relation to car tax... as it is car related ect... but not sure what catagory it feel under. Did state at the top that im sorry if this was in the wrong section. So appoligies agian if thats the case!