ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car stereo not working :-(

Mini Cooper S sport
Hi.

Noticed on the way to work this morning that my car stereo's not working!

There's no display on it all all, nothing. I'll dig out the manual when I get home, but in the meantime, any ideas? Could it be a fuse? Is it dead?

It's this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001819LEG/?tag=cliospnet01-21

41cRuz2lmDL._SS500_.jpg

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
First thing to check would be the fuse and any wiring to the headunit.

Mini Cooper S sport
That would make sense. I'm no expert but I'm sure it won't hurt to unscrew it and have a look.

Luckily it's not an expensive HU anyway so if I have to replace it, it won't be the end of the world.

Fabia vrs tdi
Does ur fag lighter 12v supply work ? If not it's the fuse - was happening alot last month on here maybe the heat :\

Fabia vrs tdi
Torch it claim on the insurance, take it your date and time still show? does the cd player light up when you turn your lights on?

Mini Cooper S sport
Torch it claim on the insurance, take it your date and time still show? does the cd player light up when you turn your lights on?

Nope, it doesn't come on at all. 'Tis dead!

If it's knackered, I wonder how I'll get the CD out.

There's a Halfords over the road, I could take it there for them to break it even further.

Astra Twintop
Nope, it doesn't come on at all. 'Tis dead!

If it's knackered, I wonder how I'll get the CD out.

There's a Halfords over the road, I could take it there for them to break it even further.

That Halfords is a touch more reliable than most!

worse case scenario is you take it to bits to retrieve your cd

Mini Cooper S sport
It might be the inline fuse. Pull the unit out and check that.

I would if I had a clue what I was looking for ;)

Halfords say they charge £39.99 per hour for fixing stereos! I hope that's pro-rata, I'm not paying 40 quid if they fix it in 2 minutes.

Hmmm.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Is there a reset button anywere?

If not try thr fuses will possibly have one in one of the leads from the back, or check the arial fuse in the main fuse box.

Mini Cooper S sport
Is there a reset button anywere?

If not try thr fuses will possibly have one in one of the leads from the back, or check the arial fuse in the main fuse box.

Yep, I was going to poke that before taking it over the road.

I reckons it's a fuse somewhere as the display's not on at all, bet it's easy to fix for someone who knows what they're doing.

clio 182 black /gold
I would if I had a clue what I was looking for ;)

Halfords say they charge £39.99 per hour for fixing stereos! I hope that's pro-rata, I'm not paying 40 quid if they fix it in 2 minutes.

Hmmm.
Pull it out and look either on the red or yellow wire and there will be a white or black plastic thing on it. Unscrew and check that. Shame your not closer or i would have had a look. It only takes about 5 mins to do.

Mini Cooper S sport
Sorted!

All it took was a little poke of the reset button :eek:

Thankfully I tried that before taking it anywhere.

Thanks all for your help!