ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car slighty shakes

Megane 225 F1
Non sport? They rev on their own at idle but if its quite vicious it might just mean the throttle body needs cleaning. And the gear stick shaking is just down to the s**t gearbox and gearbox mounts lol.

Mk2 Ph2 could be, Throttle body needs cleaning , mounts..

Or iirc they have pencil coils, they fail all the time.

Some carb cleaner and a rag, think the throttle body is towards the bulkhead behind the inlet manifold you'll have to remove the airbox iirc..

Clio 182
mines does this slightly as well. i just thought it was because of it having a full catback system.

Vantage
Mate, youve misread...
When i start my car up, my idle is on 10k... Before this problem started my car use to start on 5k?

WANTED Arctic 182
Your rev counter won't go that high. You mean 1k.

Mine also shakes a lot. I thought it was just a common thing with Clio's.

Mk5 golf gti
do you mean that the revs drop on idle so its spluttering which is causing the shaking.or do you mean at normal or higher idle the car is shaking but not spluttering.pretty sure when cambelt is due you can get a shaking car

2004 182FF
I have exactly the same problem as you guys.. did you ever get round to cleaning it out? Did it fix it? I'm going to clean mine up tomorroe... I took the elbow off to have a quick look when I did the filter yesterday and there's some nice buildup to get rid of.