ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car revving high idle and driving

Clio 182
Got in the car started it and the revs went mad revving to over 2000 rp. When driving it doesn't change the revs jump up and down. Any help will be appreciated

"Navy" N17 TWO
I just fixed mine today - get the throttle body off and clean it :)

Simple, but makes sitting in traffic much less complicated :eek:

renault clio cup 172
I just fixed mine today - get the throttle body off and clean it :)

Simple, but makes sitting in traffic much less complicated :eek:

a tryed to remove my throttle body, 2x 10mm bolts anything else holding it on?, as a took them 2 bolts it was on solid didnt want to budge and a didnt want to force is so a gave up on it, how did you remove yours and what did u give urs a clean with?

"Navy" N17 TWO
It's held on with 4x 10mm bolts mate!

I took the upper inlet/plenum off too for easier access and made sure everything (including inlet bend & breather pipe) was secure all-round when refitting just for extra "peace of mind" turns out I have peace & quiet too - so happy feckin days!

On another note, trying to get the bolts out of the throttle body while it's in situ can be a PITA if you're prone to dropping bolts into the engine bay - like me :eek:

Clio 182
Ok update the car is now cutting out when idleing or dipping the clutch. It goes down to 500 rom
then drops off and cuts out

Clio172cup rally car
Have you put the brake servo pipe on? Mine was idling really high after I had the engine rebuilt, turned out to be something really simple?

Renault Clio 182
Mine still idles funny have had new leads coil and plugs, changed the throttle body and plenum seals upper and lower inlet gaskets it does my head in but asoon as its at working tempreature it is fine all happened after an injector packed up put a new one in and it runs like shite when cold all injectors are in clean and sealed with no air leaks but it pretty much drives itself while cold

Clio 182
What is the pipe that comes out of the air box pipe that goes to a sensor next to the distributor pack

Clio 182
Changed the oil breather sensor no problems for a few weeks but yesterday it has started it again and sits at 3000rpm

Monaco 172
Probably lambda sensor before cat reading wrong. Therefore not making correct mixture and causing too much fuel going in causing higher idle.

53 Clio's & counting
Read my guide in the guides section on cleaning/sorting the TB - Iv lost count with how many iv done and if it doesn't fix it then id suggest looking at the idle control valve

53 Clio's & counting
Have you followed the guide i did? did you replace the icv with a new one or 2nd hand one? i went through 6 2nd hand ones before i bought a new one

Mine did what you are saying when the icv was shot, sure everything is sealed properly? The gasket was shot on the back of the throttle body and my revs would slightly rise and drop on idle.

Clio 182
Car sorted. It was a loose bolt on the lower inlet totally gutted spend money on new throttle and icv guttef

Renault clio mk2 ph2
Ah thanks for letting me know, these forums have been invaluable and wanted to contribute.